★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Crate Box vs. Muffin Knight

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Super Crate Box 84 55.63%
Muffin Knight 45 29.80%
Both are equal 17 11.26%
Both of them stink 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't think I've seen anyone defend a game so much as Goofy has.

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ninja View Post
I don't think I've seen anyone defend a game so much as Goofy has.

Lol...I laughed so hard when you I read that. I have been on the "defense" warpath this week. This, Bit-1, and Streetbike.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-06-2012 at 07:53 PM.

01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
SCB is more fast-paced (like everyone else has said) and is definitely more fun IMO. I like the retro pixel graphics way more than MK's graphics.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
SCB because unlike Muffin Knight it's hard as hell to get to 10.
01-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLP View Post
SCB because unlike Muffin Knight it's hard as hell to get to 10.
lol that's the exact reason I voted for MK. It's hard, but not "whip your iPhone at the wall" hard. GoofyJ, you can't really be that much FOR one title and that much AGAINST the other, can you? They're so similar in nature!

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
lol that's the exact reason I voted for MK. It's hard, but not "whip your iPhone at the wall" hard. GoofyJ, you can't really be that much FOR one title and that much AGAINST the other, can you? They're so similar in nature!
More like MK is similar in nature to SCB.
01-06-2012, 10:28 PM
SCB, because it's more popular.
01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar x View Post
To be honest I'm sick to the back teeth of retro graphics, so given the choice between a very playable game with really, really dated graphics and one that is equally playable but has very good graphics there's no competition. Just my opinion.
+1

I honestly don't see the appeal of retro graphics. Maybe its the 'older' crowd Who have been gaming for years, and like to relive High School glory days and are more comfortable with older styled graphics as it puts them in tune with those times and therefore they play best with retro style. Based on my comments, one might think i am a young buck noob; I'm actually quite old myself.

I have been a gamer for many many years, and I am bathing in the new art and game styles, as opposed to some that just want to stick with what they are used to or something along those lines. Im not saying I envision these gamers as only having retro games either.
Technology is a constant; some people love going With the ever-changing game types, graphics etc., while others appeal to retro for whatever individualistic reasons.

Last edited by cabdog; 01-07-2012 at 10:36 PM.
01-06-2012, 10:57 PM
For me, when you look past the fact that the goal in both games is the same, they are two completely different games. Both are awesome. I give full credit to Vlambeer for coming up with the awesome gameplay, but Angry Mob deserves credit as well for getting it on iOS and making it fun in their own way. I can't say one is better than the other because the each game's gameplay feels entirely different from the other. Fast paced 'rage-collecting' in SCB compared to character-upgrades and leveling up in MK. I love both games.

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
01-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon View Post
More like MK is similar in nature to SCB.
Sorry, did I say it the other way around or something, or are you just pointing out that SCB came out first? Yes thank you, I'm aware of that. Problem is I think many of the votes here are based largely on that alone. I admit I was tempted to vote for SCB solely on the fact that it came first and deserves much of MK's credit. The fact that MK is even hanging in there in this poll speaks to what a quality game it is, despite it being a very blatant copy-job. People don't take kindly to copycats around here (me included), but I have to give credit where credit is due in terms of creating a quality game, and MK is most certainly a quality title.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking