★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: StoneLoops! of Jurassica - Removed

05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
It looks nice indeed. Downloading... Feedback later.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
yes, yes, yes! a must buy for me

05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Very, very nice. I have yet to buy a Zuma-like game for the iPhone as I have yet to see one that has a well done interface. But this looks genius for changing things from the rotating ball. I think I might just grab this up. And the video sure looked like a good variety of map types.
05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
just downloaded. will post my impressions REALLY soon.
05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Should be more $

Picked it up and played GREAT game controls are spot on and good sound I would even go as far as saying one of the best games in it's price range. I would recomend picking it up. If I made this game I would not keep it at such a low price for long.
05-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Magnificent. Amazing. Zuma-beater!

i will begin with a small statement: StoneLoops! of Jurassica is MORE than great.

i love "zuma" genre, my favorite iphone clone was by far blackbeard's assault, later bonsai blast and cronk. but this one... blows my head off. is beyond any expectations.

you have two modes, classic and grab'n'shoot.
1) in classic you receive a new ball with every shoot and have to match 3 or more before they will reach the skull. you collect points and go further and further trough the map, also when you pass the level (fill the progress bar) - there is a bonus to collect, collapsing gems.
2) grab'n'shoot is a real twist now. you have to grab a ball, pull it out from the chain, and put it back to match 3 or more. also you collect points, and bonus gems await you.

graphics are simple but also the best in this kind, they are a mix of bonsai blast (backgrounds, signs) with cronk (stones-balls). music and sounds are great, flutes and pipes are all around and they fit game perfectly.

a lot of levels, nice use of powerups (they collapse after matching so you have to grab them too) give Stoneloops! a LOT of both gameplay and gamelife value.

i forgot to mention great controls - two touches, one accelerometer... fantastic.

i recommend this game to every "zuma" fan. oh, wait a minute... this game is A MUST BUY for pretty much everyone!

Last edited by pante; 05-14-2009 at 07:09 PM.
05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks, everyone, for initial positive feedback!!!
We really worked hard (over 6 months) to make this game as polished as possible.

For those, who still thinks about getting StoneLoops! there is a surprise:
- if you played it on PC/Mac there is a brand new game mode with different mechanics!!!
- if you never played StoneLoops! before, another game mode features game mechanics unique for StoneLoops! game only !!!

PlayCreek (http://www.playcreek.com)
StoneLoops! of Jurassica for iPhone and iPod Touch : http://www.playcreek.com/stoneloops
Mystery of Unicorn Castle for iPhone and iPad : http://www.playcreek.com/unicorn
The Next Big Thing on iPhone is Death Worm : http://playcreek.com/deathworm/

Last edited by PlayCreek; 05-18-2009 at 05:35 AM.
05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
$0.99... App Store changed the mobile game market for sure. I mean, such a polished game for less than a dollar? It's unbelievable.

The forum member pante (post #16 above) made a nice review and here's an additional feedback:

PROS

- gorgeous graphics, animations and effects
- subtle sounds and amazing background music
- original slide control along with a very welcome aim helper
- top notch content presentation (level, trophies and so on)
- in game help
- 3 control options (touch, buttons and tilt)
- Zuma alike gameplay with great twists: slide the cannon, different power-ups and game bonus
- fast loading times
- smooth gameplay
- both landscape orientation support

CONS

- no colorblind mode
- Maybe I missed something but I could not find the game background story, something like why we're upgrading the house; it'd be nice to tap Help or How to play to access such information directly from the game

This is a game with a production like Peggle and Azkend. It's a 5/5 for sure.

Do you like Zuma alike games? Get it while it's only, only $0.99! Amazing.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 05-14-2009 at 10:36 PM.
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I love it! I love the little "collect the gem" bonuses , and the power ups are fun. 10 out of 10 on this game... I'd be willing to pay more.
05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
darn you and your amazig looking game... Downloading now :P
Actually I was looking for a new game so thanks

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.