★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-23-2013, 06:16 AM
#21
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,430
Need player for campaign! GCID is griffin611

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-24-2013, 12:42 AM
#22
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Need player for campaign! GCID is griffin611
Try a random campaign match. I've had a lot of awesome random games.

12-24-2013, 06:38 AM
#23
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpuncher View Post
Try a random campaign match. I've had a lot of awesome random games.
So, you are too a regular player yourself?! Excellent, hope to see you online some day.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-24-2013, 12:26 PM
#24
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
So, you are too a regular player yourself?! Excellent, hope to see you online some day.
Yup. This game was less of a business decision and more of - I really wanted this game to exist - and wanted to play random people and hopefully some of those randos would be so good they can actually beat me.

Well my dream came true. I've been beaten almost half a dozen times already. (Out of a couple dozen matches so far)

I go by HorseBlade on GC.
02-22-2017, 02:10 PM
#25
Any tips on starting multiplayer games with a friend now that Gamecenter is funky? My buddy and I just kept sending requests back and forth but no active games showed up.
02-22-2017, 02:36 PM
#26
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 62
Hi Robulous,

I recommend just emailing 'snowpunchgames' (AT) gmail.com for questions like this.

It's a good question. I do need to update the app to work better with the new iOS 10 friend matchmaking methods. In the meantime a workaround that people tend to do is both players try to do a friend matchup via 'recent'.

So pardon the awkwardness I'll try to address this better in the next update.
1) Both of you try to start a random match (it's not hard, not many playing now). Hookup a random match. (this now put's you both in the 'recent' category.)
2) Then after that you can start all the direct 'friend matches' that you want by:
- tap the 'random opponent' button to change it to 'play a friend'
- select a map (by tapping)
- hit the create match button below.
- select 'invite friends'
- hit the (+) button
- select 'recent'
- then select your friend.

That's it.. lol.. so yeah, definitely need to address this soon.

Cheers
02-27-2017, 09:30 PM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpuncher View Post
Hi Robulous,

I recommend just emailing 'snowpunchgames' (AT) gmail.com for questions like this.

It's a good question. I do need to update the app to work better with the new iOS 10 friend matchmaking methods. In the meantime a workaround that people tend to do is both players try to do a friend matchup via 'recent'.

So pardon the awkwardness I'll try to address this better in the next update.
1) Both of you try to start a random match (it's not hard, not many playing now). Hookup a random match. (this now put's you both in the 'recent' category.)
2) Then after that you can start all the direct 'friend matches' that you want by:
- tap the 'random opponent' button to change it to 'play a friend'
- select a map (by tapping)
- hit the create match button below.
- select 'invite friends'
- hit the (+) button
- select 'recent'
- then select your friend.

That's it.. lol.. so yeah, definitely need to address this soon.

Cheers
Thanks, Snowpuncher, this worked out. This is a great game. I hope it still has a long life left.