★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Finally. Yet another SlideDB game I've been anticipating
02-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Not to sound rude, but does it matter? If they are, I'd rather them be in a game like this than pretty much anything else they could have been in.
It does for me. A lot sprites like this are used in games that are pretty similar. Its like paying a few bucks to play a modded version of some rogue like / dual stick shooter / rpg. Doesn't mean the game will be bad. But it helps going into it knowing how the game was made.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder

02-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
This looks awesome but are those sprites from something else?
probably an old dos game by the look of it.
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM
I imagine it's the Oryx sprites that people are comparing these to. There were some comparisons on other sites but they're the dev's own design, it's just difficult to make such small sprites look unique I guess.

Regardless, this and Coldfire Keep are going to be making me VERY happy!
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
Looks awesome. Some great release tonight!
02-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Looks promising!
02-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I imagine it's the Oryx sprites that people are comparing these to. There were some comparisons on other sites but they're the dev's own design, it's just difficult to make such small sprites look unique I guess.

Regardless, this and Coldfire Keep are going to be making me VERY happy!
This looks similar to Hack, Slash, Loot, which is awesome. I am buying this regardless, but when I reflect on my game-play experience, it is more impressive for me when the game has a unique design to go along with it.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
02-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
This looks similar to Hack, Slash, Loot, which is awesome. I am buying this regardless, but when I reflect on my game-play experience, it is more impressive for me when the game has a unique design to go along with it.
The description says it's turn based. But from the screenshots it doesn't look turn based. So I guess I want to know if this is hack n' slash / dual stick or truly turn based?
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
The description says it's turn based. But from the screenshots it doesn't look turn based. So I guess I want to know if this is hack n' slash / dual stick or truly turn based?
If you have a gander at Bronxsta's trailer then I'm pretty certain it's turn-based. There's the whole grid movement system so I'd say it's a safe bet