★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-02-2014, 06:50 AM
#21
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,957
Game Impressions

04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
#22
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Asia
Posts: 409
If xcom can be universal , why cant this ? Hate games that is ipad only , zzz....

04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerluffy246 View Post
If xcom can be universal , why cant this ? Hate games that is ipad only , zzz....
I don't see how two ships and all the icons needed to control the game could fit on a small iPhone screen without it being cramped, imprecise, and pretty much unplayable
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
#24
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,061
Dammit, IPad only? Pfff I even held off on out there.. To get this... Oh well...

Note to Devs, not everyone has an IPad, please tell me there's plans for universal at some point?

Well, I can always bring up my best argument about missing out on sales blah blah..
04-02-2014, 08:07 AM
#25
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I don't see how two ships and all the icons needed to control the game could fit on a small iPhone screen without it being cramped, imprecise, and pretty much unplayable
I don't care if I have to read all the context with a Magnifying glass, they can always have sub menus or something..

Sorry DP?
04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
I don't care if I have to read all the context with a Magnifying glass, they can always have sub menus or something..

Sorry DP?
Devs already tried and didn't like it. What would the reviews look like? 1 out of 10: unreadable, unplayable, etc. That's not good for a (IMO) 10 out of 10 game.
04-02-2014, 08:24 AM
#27
Joined: May 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerluffy246 View Post
If xcom can be universal , why cant this ? Hate games that is ipad only , zzz....
Because they're quite different games? What kind of stupid question is that? Have you ever actually played this game? Why would they put a crappy version on a small screen if it doesn't work? So you would come here, or review in AppStore saying it sucks because icons are tiny and etc? Seriously...
04-02-2014, 08:26 AM
#28
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Devs already tried and didn't like it. What would the reviews look like? 1 out of 10: unreadable, unplayable, etc. That's not good for a (IMO) 10 out of 10 game.
Exactly this... Maybe the true fans dont have problem to spend 10bucks to read even with magnifying glass the menus and the texts but for the majority of the buyers of a such high price game would mean hundreds of 1star reviews on AppStore... This would affect significant the sales not only from iPhone users but also from iPad users (which the game fits excellent)!
04-02-2014, 08:30 AM
#29
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,937
These are going to be the longest 24 hours for me in a very long while.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
04-02-2014, 08:31 AM
#30
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Devs already tried and didn't like it. What would the reviews look like? 1 out of 10: unreadable, unplayable, etc. That's not good for a (IMO) 10 out of 10 game.
Ya I guess, so it's a def. no?...bummer. I haven't been this disappointed about an IPAD only game since well never..