★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I may buy this, but the videos I've seen of the lead character's acting is a bit quirky and overly-done. This may be intentional, but I'm not familar with the actor. Maybe this is what's he's known for, but this is a key reason I haven't taken the jump. I am intrigued, though.
Agreed on the leads acting. 🙈 almost like a bad Doctor Who.
However, this is definitely on my must get at some point list.
01-25-2015, 07:50 PM
I am quite surprised to see this type of game still being published today. It is much as an experiment as a throwback to the oldie FMV (Full Motion Video) adventure games of yore.

I like to know how this is different in terms of gameplay from those titles. This is because those titles are no longer being produced in part because the gameplay mechanics are extremely limited and game length is usually very short. This subgenre of adventure games had largely faded away for the PC nowadays.

01-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
I am quite surprised to see this type of game still being published today. It is much as an experiment as a throwback to the oldie FMV (Full Motion Video) adventure games of yore.

I like to know how this is different in terms of gameplay from those titles. This is because those titles are no longer being produced in part because the gameplay mechanics are extremely limited and game length is usually very short. This subgenre of adventure games had largely faded away for the PC nowadays.
Jolly posted a great video. The game seems really long at 8 hours of gameplay.
01-26-2015, 06:16 AM
I'll say this, comparing it to any other FMV game you've ever played isn't worth doing. It's quite different in that the order you can do things, and the fact you have to explore a bit, makes it a bit closer to a point and click adventure than any older FMV games.

It's quite captivating. The video quality and the seemless nature of the game put it on a different level to anything even vaguely similar you might think you have ever seen (but you haven't!).

Uprising Games Limited. Please check out our games:-
https://itunes.apple.com/us/develope...d./id326450720
01-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Are there any subtitles for dialogue in this game, since I don't see any in the gameplay video? It always puzzles me when game developers ignore hearing impaired players.

Otherwise, the game certainly looks good, but I will have to pass unless there are subtitles.
01-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to EvilDucktator Send a message via Skype™ to EvilDucktator
My studio is working on some similar titles - albeit different genres. One quite experimental but won't plug anything here or link to a website or social media. Great to see the response! Perhaps we might collaborate sometime, Tim.
01-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPostman View Post
It's like a proper adult version of cluedo with a cracking storyline and acting!

I don't think it would work on iPhone as it might not be big enough to appreciate the footage! What do others think that have played it, would it work on iPhone?
I mostly game on my iPhone, so it would get played more for that fact alone. I guess I might try it since I do have an older iPad, as long as it'll work.
01-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1953 View Post
Are there any subtitles for dialogue in this game, since I don't see any in the gameplay video? It always puzzles me when game developers ignore hearing impaired players.

Otherwise, the game certainly looks good, but I will have to pass unless there are subtitles.
Although there are no subtitles, there are notes written down for every conversation you have in your notebook. I think I read on Kickstarter that Tim is planning on adding subtitles at some point!

Last edited by JollyPostman; 01-26-2015 at 04:35 PM.
01-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Man I love this game. I'm traveling & spent the night looking for a contradiction & when I found it a whole new trail opened up. Right when I was getting really frustrated I watched a video replay & in that video I heard a clue that drove me directly to a contradiction. So if you get stuck re-watch a few videos you think may be important. It's getting really interesting & lots of new twists. Such a great game!
01-27-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm really enjoying the game, but I've hit a wall. I'm at the 9:00 hour and 56% complete, but I'm stuck. The hint just says "Who is lying?" and the Chief won't answer my call. Any hint(s) would be much appreciated!