★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-09-2015, 08:07 AM
I can't say no to a game that sounds as awesome as this made by a dev who wants to answer people's questions and seems to care about players. Buying now.
06-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
If it's good, I'll be interested in 2 for sure, though the iPad only thing could be a killer. IMO iPad only can limit games appeal big time. Unless the game is a blockbuster then iPad only cripples it somewhat.
Hope you're considering an iPhone make. Having said that I haven't played yet so maybe it's just not suitable in text size etc.
I think @Grimstone82 is right, SH2 would probably be tricky to play on a smaller screen it was designed around the iPad screen (whereas the first game was made for the original iPhone). Units are already pretty tiny on an iPad mini when you zoom out, and if I introduce larger maps in future, they'll only get smaller. Will keep thinking about an iPhone version anyway, perhaps there's a way to make it work.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the first game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisibleDucts View Post
I can't say no to a game that sounds as awesome as this made by a dev who wants to answer people's questions and seems to care about players. Buying now.
Always happy to answer questions after so long working on this game, I'm just glad that people are finally playing it and have questions to ask!

06-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Hey nice to see the Dev here getting involved.

My little bit of feedback would be that as a potential buyer .. Sat on the fence, the lack of any decent length gameplay vid in YouTube is a complete killer. This would be very high on priority list if I was promoting this. Yes I can dl the first but it won't show me the new mechanics etc.

Just my 2 cents!
06-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoptic View Post
Hey nice to see the Dev here getting involved.

My little bit of feedback would be that as a potential buyer .. Sat on the fence, the lack of any decent length gameplay vid in YouTube is a complete killer. This would be very high on priority list if I was promoting this. Yes I can dl the first but it won't show me the new mechanics etc.

Just my 2 cents!
Hi skoptic

I think that's a great idea, thanks so much for the suggestion! I'll try to get a gameplay video with a playthrough of a couple of levels up as soon as I can, and I'll post a link to it here.
06-23-2015, 07:23 AM
Here's a complete play through of the third level in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwXue-ZJBU

Apologies for the video quality, the real game looks a lot sharper than this. This video was captured from the next version of the game (an update is coming very soon), and includes a couple of small features not in the current version - the new tech banners that appear at the start of the mission, and Game Center achievements at the end.

This is one of the early missions, so you don't have a lot of unit types available at this point in the game, but I think this should give a good idea of the gameplay.

Again thanks so much @skoptic for suggesting a gameplay video, I will drop you a promo code!
06-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltonkeynes View Post
What are the differences of the two games
I covered the ways the sequel improves on the first game already in this thread, see:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...31&postcount=7

The other big difference is that Space Harvest II is iPad only.
07-02-2015, 04:00 AM
The first update (v1.1) should be available now in an app store near you.

This adds Game Center Achievements - there are 18 in total, some easy to get, some very difficult.

This update also includes performance improvements for older devices, and lots of bug fixes.

Some promo codes, just for you:

JNRAAME939X9
6MP49JPXLTAL
HMJ49NN7HM6M
AMPKNAPKEYN7
XRLHYYNH64X7

07-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Thank you so much! I redeemed HMJ49NN7HM6M. Downloading now. Looking forward to it.
07-02-2015, 04:24 AM
Taken XRLHYYNH64X7 thank you!
07-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Taken AMPKNAPKEYN7

Thank you so much!!!