★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-28-2016, 09:17 AM
I hate you El... Im now on iOS9 coz i know this game would be worth the time spent to upgrade. :P
07-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I hate you El... Im now on iOS9 coz i know this game would be worth the time spent to upgrade. :P
Hahaha!!! Yay!! \o/

Carter Dotson said he would mention the main community name in a write up he's doing.

I'll be joining "toucharcade" as soon as it lets me. Seems you have to wait until the current community mission is done before leaving a community...

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-28-2016 at 09:53 AM.

07-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Maybe my wife will let me play it on her phone... my '5 can't handle it. Is it wrong to secretly wish your phone would break so you could get a new one?

Social Games: Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
It's so beautiful! But so infuriating because more often than not, i have no space to move. Big enemies, spawning right at 75% of the screen. I think this was what annoyed me with the first Phoenix also.

Not only do you have to slip between tiny tiny cracks in the bullet pattern -god help you if you can't see well- , you have to do it on almost 1/4th of the screen.

Beautiful, but not my cup of tea.
I agree on that part. Enemies should spawn higher and you should atleast get half of the screen to avoid stuff. Love the game though!
07-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Maybe my wife will let me play it on her phone... my '5 can't handle it. Is it wrong to secretly wish your phone would break so you could get a new one?
You mean it "accidentally" fell in water....
07-28-2016, 10:01 AM
I notice the warp timer keeps doubling. What's the max time on it?
07-28-2016, 10:01 AM
This game is lovely and beautiful! Highly recommended downloading just a couple of minor changes that I think should happen.

1. Device support. Yes I understand that the game works on metal graphics, but it would be awesome if there were OpenGL graphics. My iPad 4 runs every game smooth (modern combat 5 for example) at 60fps so it will easily run Phoenix 2 hd. However this isn't something that NEEDS to happen, it will just allow more people to play the game.

2. Enemies spawn too low on the screen. Some waves the enemies spawn so low on the screen you practically have no space to avoid anything. Maybe it's possible on the iPad but on the iPhone it's almost impossible.

3. All enemies have targeted attacks instead of patterns. Most bullet hell games have some kind of patterns which you would have to learn to beat. Right now it feels like there is no pattern and it's all about power up timing. Because of this some waves are basically impossible. There are way too many bullets and if you don't have a power up ready, you've lost.

4. Needs a better tutorial explaining what all the abilities do. Kinda confused what half of the abilities on the ships do, would be nice if there was a more indepth tutorial rather than just some words.

5. Battery drain. My battery is dead very fast. This game could do with a low power mode which reduces the graphics and FPS.

Overall 'm loving this game so much! Yes you do need Internet connection but it takes no data. From hours of playing on 4g it didn't even take away 1mb. Highly recommended downloading.

Ps grats on getting on the "new best games" page on the AppStore!
07-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Not to try and overly spam the thread in a row here.

How is everyone liking the ships they've gotten so far?
NC-150, Tempest, Vuxine for me.

The Vux is definitely my best ship though point defense has taken some getting used to. It has a homing launcher, the travel time has to be taken into account for the projectiles.
07-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbestapps View Post
2. Enemies spawn too low on the screen. Some waves the enemies spawn so low on the screen you practically have no space to avoid anything. Maybe it's possible on the iPad but on the iPhone it's almost impossible.
That's also what i meant in my previous post, you explain it in better terms
07-28-2016, 10:10 AM
^You guys realize that it's a standard in the shmup genre that enemies can even spawn from behind, right?