★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: [Soft Launch CA] The Elder Scrolls: Legends (by Bethesda)

10-27-2016, 04:34 AM
I have no sound on my iPad 4. Still waiting for an update
11-11-2016, 10:09 PM
This may be the best card game out there right now (though I am warming up to Eternal!). It is super easy to get the PC version of this game, and it will link right up with the iPad version (either now if you have or don't mind making a CA iTunes account, or when it releases worldwide).

In addition to having great mechanics and gameplay, they are being VERY generous with how easily (and cheaply) players are able to grow their collection. I have only been playing the game for about a month now and my collection stat is at 81%. Granted that stat does not account for a full play set of cards but I think it took me around 6 months to get to this close for the base set in Hearthstone.

I also make enough gold to consistently have enough to do ten or more arenas (solo or versus), and I generally do an arena once a day.

Super fun, and they are just THROWING gold and cards at you. I hope everyone at least tries the iPad or PC version.

01-03-2017, 05:57 AM
I must say, Solo Arena - as humdrum as the feature might sound - might be one of the bigger innovations and attractions of TESL.

For new'uns, this is a single player analogy to the draft format Hearthstone popularized as Arena - you draft a small deck through semi-random picks, and then battle opponents until you've lost three matches (or defeated 8 regular opponents and a boss, in the case of TESL's Solo Arena).

What makes the single player arena mode so awesome is that once you establish some basic familiarity with how to draft decks, weight cards, general play strategy and how to exploit the AIs idiosyncracies, you have a potentially never-ending, self-sustaining source of potent progression, without the wonderfully exciting but sometimes intrusive or demanding tension of matching up against real players.

It is also resistant to connection loss and interruptions, since AI matches can be interrupted and resumed freely. As such, it's the ideal companion for those long deep orbit debacles, polar perils and other spotty connection scenarios that would have me ostracized from the TESL community before too long if I insisted on multiplayer.

And the rewards are Duelyst-level lavish - on my current rank (Solo Arena has descending ranks of increasing difficulty, with 8 opponents and one boss per rank), I frequently net one-two card packs (100 gold worth each), 50+ gold and a rare card from one arena run. That's 350+ gold for the cost of a 150 gold ticket. (And since Solo Arena matches also count towards daily quests, you make additional gold from quest rewards as you go.)

As a result, I can always afford a new arena ticket and play the mode continually, no grinding required, and splurge on quite a few packs (in addition to the reward packs from Arena) in between.

In addition to the Pure Fun™ (and boy, it is fun, sometimes more than multiplayer), this might be one of the best and most convenient ways I've found to acquire the basic skills, card/gameplay familiarity as well as the actual cards to attack the ladder, multiplayer arena and casual mode with some initial success.

It's smartly counterintuitive, a venue for progression, card collection and multiplayer training for players who'd prefer to avoid multiplayer in a PvP game. There in lies the brilliance.

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 01-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.
01-03-2017, 05:35 PM
How can I get this please?
01-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
How can I get this please?
Canadian account needed, follow the following steps :
http://toucharcade.com/2016/01/22/ho...-clash-royale/

Gamecenter : taeles
01-03-2017, 07:08 PM
It just needs to be on iPhone. But the problem is that they've adopted a very small text approach. Clicking to enlarge cards does very little enlargement at all. I don't know if there's plans to bring this to iPhone or if it's even possible anymore.
01-04-2017, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
It just needs to be on iPhone. But the problem is that they've adopted a very small text approach. Clicking to enlarge cards does very little enlargement at all. I don't know if there's plans to bring this to iPhone or if it's even possible anymore.
iPhone support is confirmed. Tablet and desktop release first, however.

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-04-2017, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
iPhone support is confirmed. Tablet and desktop release first, however.
Good to know, thanks. I'll check back then. Interested to see just how similar (or not) the phone UI is and how long between releases for the respective devices.
01-04-2017, 04:12 AM
Since so many posters have praised the solo mode, does this game have an offline portion? Or once they pull the plug everything is gone?
01-04-2017, 04:33 AM
iPad only dammit
Can anyone say if this will always be iPad only
Been waiting for this one bad
I even have a Canada account