★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Historys greatest empire, now in your hands.

Experience the full glory of ROME: Total War as you rule the ancient world from your iPad.

ROME: Total War is a strategy game of epic scale, offering players a seamless integration of strategy and tactics to fight spectacular battles, while using diplomacy, subterfuge and assassination to smooth the path to ultimate victory.

ROME: Total War for iPad comes without compromise. Turn your tablets screen into an exhilarating 3D battlefield alive with thousands of units, from tight formations of swordsmen to sweeping lines of chariots.

Welcome to Total War on your iPad!

ROME: Total War requires a first generation iPad Air or newer, an iPad mini 2 or newer, or any iPad Pro.

© 20022017 The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, ROME: Total War and the Total War logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive Limited. iOS and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
11-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Oh here we go...

First question: how is the control!

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)

11-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Who would've thought we'd ever see this day!? And I'm not talking about the election. Thankyou so much Feral Interactive and SEGA.
11-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Just downloaded. This is gonna be the best game of the year.
11-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlax View Post
Just downloaded. This is gonna be the best game of the year.
Wish to hear from you more...

(Ah just note that this is not in HK Store yet, I can wait)

Last edited by currymutton; 11-09-2016 at 09:57 PM.
11-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, come to Daddy!

Another amazing week on the AppStore.
11-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Briefly played a custom battle on the iPad Air 2. I believe I have the medium sized units as pro iPads have the biggest. The game runs smoothly and looks stunning. The controls are all fluid and good but clearly take some time to get used to and master. The only problem I have found so far and it is very minuscule is it is sometimes hard to change the shape of your units formation. Besides that I think the game is great.
11-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlax View Post
Briefly played a custom battle on the iPad Air 2. I believe I have the medium sized units as pro iPads have the biggest. The game runs smoothly and looks stunning. The controls are all fluid and good but clearly take some time to get used to and master. The only problem I have found so far and it is very minuscule is it is sometimes hard to change the shape of your units formation. Besides that I think the game is great.
How to swipe and select troops is my main concern, here. Thanks.

11-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Omg ***** yes, so I force installed this onto my jailbroken 6+ and right out of the box it runs fine, and widescreens straight to the correct screen size. So of course the text is a little small but it's actually readable. Just giving you guys the news early. I had a quick short go at a quick battle, and movement and selection so far seems workable even on this screen for which the game is not supported. So glad this works!
11-09-2016, 10:31 PM
This game was meant for the iPad.....especially the 12.9 version.

Last edited by Admiralbison; 11-09-2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I was meant to directly quote and reply to someone. Pressed the reply button instead of the quote button. So needed to redo t