★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
I agree with the comments of wanting some clarity on what it means as episode 1 and other comments on describing it or sharing thoughts do the future. I am totally a premium gamer and just bought kingdom new lands which is $9.99 with no issues laying... but still knowing what we ar getting into is helpful. Are the episodes free or an iap etc...

I believe some game shave done a crazy amount of updates with major new levels and gameplay additions for free while others did them as iap etc...

As an old school gamer I can't complain at all for prep,Kim games for $3.99, 9.99, etc... look at Nintendo switch games $59.99.

I'm definitely buying this game today as it seems to mix gendered I love!

QUOTE=MintCity;3989490]I think it's very fair of him to ask the things he did, regardless of what game it is. It is definitely important to know that information, such as: how much will the future episodes cost and when will the next one be released (just an approximate time, if successful). It seems strange they don't have at least a little more information on those things. It effects a person's decision on purchasing a product if they have unanswered questions or vague information.

However, I do agree that if it is your type of game, get it. It will support them in making future episodes BUT that doesn't mean you have to blindly invest just because they are an indie developer. Just weigh your options and analyze what is tangible now (instead of future content) and make a decision off that!

Edit: I forgot to say I purchased it and will leave some impressions later! I'm always down for a match-3 style RPG. This one seems like a pretty unique, story-driven take on the genre.
[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to your first impressions! You sound like you know exactly what you are talking about.
03-15-2017, 01:48 PM
this game is unbelievable. art, music, sounds, gameplay and even the story - outstanding! can not put it down, i swear.

my only wish that developers will continue to update this application with more episodes instead of releasing other episodes as a new apps.

Last edited by raravan; 03-15-2017 at 01:56 PM.

03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Ooh!

I've decided that I will buy this one! I just need to clear out some space on my iPad. ^^;;;

[ - PREMIUM Whale - ]
03-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
this game is unbelievable. art, music, sounds, gameplay and even the story - outstanding! can not put it down, i swear.

my only wish that developers will continue to update this application with more episodes instead of releasing other episodes as a new apps.
There's no indication that the remaining episodes are going to be separate so far.

Also, with all due respect to everyone here not buying this because of its episodic nature, it's your loss. I don't agree with PG's Harry Slater in the least, but if you're not checking this out, you're missing one of 2017's biggest releases. This game is monumental.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
03-15-2017, 02:28 PM
After two hours: LOVE!!! GAMING BLISS! Right now, without a doubt my GOTY-contender.
03-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
There's no indication that the remaining episodes are going to be separate so far.

Also, with all due respect to everyone here not buying this because of its episodic nature, it's your loss. I don't agree with PG's Harry Slater in the least, but if you're not checking this out, you're missing one of 2017's biggest releases. This game is monumental.
he gave it 9/10 and praised it what is it you don't agree with? definitely gonna get this though even though i barely spent much time with kingdom or mushroom 11 :/

im a rpg loving kind of guy
03-15-2017, 02:38 PM
How many total episodes are there? Is it only the two episodes, or are there more?

The game looks awesome, but I may benefit from waiting for there to be MORE game to play. Having to wait months for new episodes could be torture.
03-15-2017, 02:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting this but does anyone know if I can grind in the game? Or is it played straight through and then it ends? Because for my match3s I like replay value. Hopefully you can keep playing however you want instead of a one-shot, complete the story then delete.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
03-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post

Currently $6AUD and that is at an introductory 40% off!
That means that soon the game will be $10AUD.
That puts it in the mid to high end of mobile game prices for me.

I would like to know more about what I am getting for episode one from a possible four episodes.
Is episode one a complete game and approx how long can I expect from it? And what time frame are the other episodes expected to be released.
If I'm going to be getting just couple of hours from the first one then it is not a purchase from me.

The lack of info from the devs should be addressed.
But I am glad for all of you that are so far happy with your purchase.

edit: I have sent an email to the devs asking them for some more info. If I get a response I will post it here if any of you guys are sitting on the fence because of concerns about the episodic nature and what that means exactly.

Last edited by stubbieoz; 03-15-2017 at 03:19 PM.
03-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I'm thinking about getting this but does anyone know if I can grind in the game? Or is it played straight through and then it ends? Because for my match3s I like replay value. Hopefully you can keep playing however you want instead of a one-shot, complete the story then delete.
It isn't really a match-3, Lawliet, but it is a puzzle RPG. I'm just starting chapter 2, but unless something goes completely sideways, I'm pretty confident this is one of the best puzzle RPGs ever made, ranking up there with M&M: Clash of Heroes, Solitairica, and the original PQ.

To answer your question, you can play missions at any time. Once you get past the tutorial, the missions have side objectives, some of which are pretty challenging. After a certain point, you can freely go back and replay missions to complete these side objectives. Doing so earns you points to spend on a passive ability tree.