★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-16-2017, 08:46 PM
#11
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
A polished, charming take on trainyard with a space theme that plays in portrait or landscape (unlike trainyard) and has hundreds of puzzles. What more do you need to know?

Edit: As AppUnwrapper pointed out, portrait is available on iPad only.

Last edited by Misguided; 03-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.
03-16-2017, 09:05 PM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
A polished, charming take on trainyard with a space theme that plays in portrait or landscape (unlike trainyard) and has hundreds of puzzles. What more do you need to know?
I got excited for a second that I could play with one hand -- don't remember that being an option. And nope -- only works in portrait on iPad. Probably too tight on an iPhone that way.

03-16-2017, 09:26 PM
#13
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
Sorry, didn't realize.almost never play on my phone anymore...
03-16-2017, 11:22 PM
#14
On phones we disable portrait orientation by default, but you can enable it in the settings!

It is awkward and you might need to zoom in a lot (which you can't really do holding it one-handed, which is often why you'd want it to be portrait) but the option is there if you really want it.
03-17-2017, 02:12 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknek View Post
On phones we disable portrait orientation by default, but you can enable it in the settings!

It is awkward and you might need to zoom in a lot (which you can't really do holding it one-handed, which is often why you'd want it to be portrait) but the option is there if you really want it.
Ahh I missed that in the settings. Thanks! It is indeed awkward, but I love that you leave that up to the player to decide!
03-17-2017, 12:34 PM
#16
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,900
Can't get level 14 on the first world ha ha, great it's hard even in the early stages, loving it, back to level 14 now.
03-17-2017, 12:39 PM
#17
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Can't get level 14 on the first world ha ha, great it's hard even in the early stages, loving it, back to level 14 now.
Not just you...lovin it
03-17-2017, 01:01 PM
#18
I've been thinking about getting this one. It looks really cool and unique to me. The thing is I'm just really starting to get into puzzle games the last month or so because of some really good ones recently released. I played a few here & there in the past but not enough to be adept in the puzzle game genre. I was wondering if a novice puzzle gamer like myself will find this enjoyable and not to frustrating or is this just more for the seasoned gamers in the genre?
03-17-2017, 01:22 PM
#19
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
I've been thinking about getting this one. It looks really cool and unique to me. The thing is I'm just really starting to get into puzzle games the last month or so because of some really good ones recently released. I played a few here & there in the past but not enough to be adept in the puzzle game genre. I was wondering if a novice puzzle gamer like myself will find this enjoyable and not to frustrating or is this just more for the seasoned gamers in the genre?
It starts out easy and gets tougher. The nice thing though (look at AppUnwrapper's video) is that the level structure branches all over. So, even if you get stuck on one level, you will have others you can jump to until you are ready to come back. If you want to get a taste for this type of puzzle before spending 5 bucks, you might give the free version of trainyard a try.
03-17-2017, 01:42 PM
#20
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Not just you...lovin it
I am more than two hours now on level 14 from the first world, not seeing it but once you do you go like WTF didn't I see that, that's what makes a puzzle game great.

In world two you can carry two aliens in your train, games like this is what makes IOS gaming so much fun.

Aha just got it WTF, best game this year so far for me, as a puzzler fanatic this is awesome stuff can't say it enough.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 03-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.