★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-17-2017, 02:05 PM
I just cleared it, but I spent a good while on it yesterday. Sometimes, it's best to walk away and the answer comes more easily when you return.

Btw, if the dev is watching this thread, the sound volume is much too low.

Last edited by Misguided; 03-17-2017 at 02:17 PM.
03-17-2017, 03:25 PM
You know, I think A Good Snowman was unfortunately overlooked by a lot of people because of its cuteness and the seasonal theme. That was a serious puzzler with heaps of charm.
I know these devs are very capable, and I hope they get more attention with this game.

03-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
It starts out easy and gets tougher. The nice thing though (look at AppUnwrapper's video) is that the level structure branches all over. So, even if you get stuck on one level, you will have others you can jump to until you are ready to come back. If you want to get a taste for this type of puzzle before spending 5 bucks, you might give the free version of trainyard a try.
Will do. Thanx for the advice
03-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Loving this! As much as I enjoy the gameplay, I enjoy the little touches the devs have put into the game even more, like the branching level unlocks so you always have something to work on. I've also never seen (I suppose this is a mild spoiler) puzzle levels with two solutions, each of which unlocks something different before. Such a clever idea.

I got stuck on 13 for a bit and so have hopped around to a bunch of other levels, but am now about to try the dread 14!

I frequently get bored with puzzle games, but so far this one has been pitched perfectly. Definitely recommended.
03-18-2017, 03:54 PM
If 2 houses are across from each other and I drop someone off between them, it always gets into the wrong house.
Is there anyway to tell it which house to choose if it's between 2?

Stuck on a level and can't figure out how to beat it unless I can get the blue guy to jump in the bottom house instead of the top.
03-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukat111 View Post
If 2 houses are across from each other and I drop someone off between them, it always gets into the wrong house.

Stuck on a level and can't figure out how to beat it unless I can get the blue guy to jump in the bottom house instead of the top.
Which level? There must be a different way to do it.
03-18-2017, 06:33 PM
The alien who drives the trains just waved at me, it was the most endearing moment in a videogame for me, because nobody waves at me in real life, maybe a dog who lift his leg but that is just to pee, ah well it filt my heart.
03-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
The alien who drives the trains just waved at me, it was the most endearing moment in a videogame for me, because nobody waves at me in real life, maybe a dog who lift his leg but that is just to pee, ah well it filt my heart.
He's a monster. Don't you recognize him?
03-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
He's a monster. Don't you recognize him?
Oh is he the monster from A Snowman Is Hard To Build, oh well it stil is nice of him to wave at me, could be an alien all together, speaking of aliens I am watching the movie Arrival at the moment I am really into Sci-Fi movies.
03-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukat111 View Post

I wish they had made this solution breaking rather than ambiguous, but no solution will require an ambiguous event. In the case of ambiguous event, the game will choose the disadvantageous option. There's always a solution where you know exactly what will happen.