★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-17-2017, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
You can play it on there but it's not optimized.
Can't tell much difference on the monitor. The iPad Air video is about the same, not as crispe but just a tiny bit

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
03-17-2017, 03:12 AM
Okay, I lied. Bought. That artwork is SO hard to resist.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

03-17-2017, 04:03 AM
Sad this is iPhone-onlyNot going to pick it up
03-17-2017, 04:10 AM
The developers are looking into the possibility of adding iPad support. The game currently struggles to run natively on the 3rd gen iPad, and with Apple's complicated system of compatibility-related stuff, the devs might have not wanted to limit too many devices. I've personally talked to them (as has Killercow), and by perhaps requiring the Lightning connector, they can make sure the game runs alright on everything after (and including) the iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th gen and the 4th gen iPad.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
03-17-2017, 05:21 AM
I might buy it when it becomes Universal, or they release an iPad version.
Looks great, but there is no way I am going to play this 2x zoomed on iPad.
03-17-2017, 06:09 AM
How does this play on iphone? I have a 7 plus but, for the video, I would bet it should have been made with Ipads in mind.
03-17-2017, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
The developers are looking into the possibility of adding iPad support. The game currently struggles to run natively on the 3rd gen iPad, and with Apple's complicated system of compatibility-related stuff, the devs might have not wanted to limit too many devices. I've personally talked to them (as has Killercow), and by perhaps requiring the Lightning connector, they can make sure the game runs alright on everything after (and including) the iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th gen and the 4th gen iPad.
That would be really great! It looks gorgeous and interesting. But I've got a 12.9" iPad Pro, which even when one uses 2x view mode for iPod games it displays them centered and all around it with about 2" of black background along all sides, which make some games very hard to play, especially if one has small hands. So an iPad compatible version would be fantastic!
03-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
How does this play on iphone? I have a 7 plus but, for the video, I would bet it should have been made with Ipads in mind.
You can pinch to zoom, but then you're looking at an even smaller area. I can't stress how much I want to play this in all its full glory on my iPad.
03-17-2017, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
That would be really great! It looks gorgeous and interesting. But I've got a 12.9" iPad Pro, which even when one uses 2x view mode for iPod games it displays them centered and all around it with about 2" of black background along all sides, which make some games very hard to play, especially if one has small hands. So an iPad compatible version would be fantastic!
You're gonna be playing it more like a P&C, using one hand to hold your iPad and one hand to poke and pull at things. So the black space and 2x is more of an aesthetic issue than functional issue.
03-17-2017, 07:31 AM
No 'true' iPad support? Uganda be kidding me. Looks like a beautiful game.