Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    #201 Riotgirl, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    I have the opposite issue: so much food: namely apples, cherries, corn, oranges, flax seeds and sunflower seeds. I now have prickly berries and maples after discovering them on my long hike to the South Pole, and then planting them when I returned to my homestead. I really ought to create a green-house ..

As Tannorexic mentioned, sounds like you need to choose a direction and go on an expedition in search of food. When you do find food, keep some in reserve so that you can plant them when you return.

Note: if playing co-op i.e. you are invited or you invite someone, can the person invited take objects back to his/her World?

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Greyskull,

I wonder of your issues with this game crashing are possibly due to a lack of storage space.

Each world starts out around 30mb. So if the app didn't have that amount o space I think it would crash and possibly even mess up the game with a corrupted save.

I'll Pm you about this. Though the other issue could just be the version of ios and if its jailbroken or something.

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I doubt that's the issue. I've had crashing on multiple devices with various iOS versions and plenty of GB's of storage left on all of them.

4. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #204 NekroWolfen, Jan 13, 2013
    I haven't got a single crash, and some times I've played the game for more than 2 hours consecutive. However I got the game's music turned off and sometimes I use my own music, which is what the developer recommends. Also turning off the gamecenter may work on older devices. I run the game on a iPod 5G 6.01.

5. bacobit

bacobit Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2012
    How do you make a tin bucket?

6. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    In the craft bench, it says what you need, I think is 3 tin ingots. My best tip for everyone starting is, create every bench you can first, in every type of bench it says exactly what you need, also don't get ahead of yourself. You will get everything eventually, food, cover and benches are your priorities, get yourself food and move to see the world. Once you get used to it, it's reaaally easy.

7. Rushil

Rushil New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Nothing
    India
    Game Impressions

It's good game
    :eek:

8. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    The IAPs killed it for me. I deleted yesterday sadly. I was fully enjoying playing once I ought an epoch of crystals but eventually they ran out and I refuse to either pay even more to keep playing,or put up with the infernal timer.

A shame, because I think this is almost as good as Junk Jack in some areas, and even better in others, especially in the control department.

9. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #209 Platyrrhine, Jan 13, 2013
    You can build up when the pole is in water. Build right over it.

10. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    You can press flax seeds or sunflower seeds to get oil.

11. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I am still yet to get into a multiplayer match. I'm leaning towards deleting this... Growtopia ftw.

12. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    I see it's number one free app - wonder how many people are paying to play?

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Does anyone know any stats for this game, like how many blocks across the world is? Or how far down you can go?

14. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    It's about 15000 wide and 1000 tall.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know, but possibly more than we imagine. I'm trying to continue a bit more. In my game I get 3 crystals every time I find a crystal rock. I'm not sure if this is because I updated the portal once. My portal is purple now. I really like the control scheme of this game. That's why I resist to stop, but I won't buy crystals. I'm anti-consumable IAPs.

16. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah I get three per block in my game too. But unless you spend all your time mining you won't accrue more than 30 or 40 before you realise you're wasting time looking f

17. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah I get three per block in my game too. But unless you spend all your time mining you won't accrue more than 30 or 40 before you realise you're wasting time looking for them instead of playing the game above the surface. So sad that people who want to play it properly have to rent their time in the game with IAPs.

18. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I have been playing this religiously for a week and haven't bought crystals or even bothered mining them. When I que up my blockheads to do something that takes time I do so on my iPad then go through Flipboard, Reddit, etc on my iPhone. I did get the $2.99 to cut the crafting time in half.

While I love Junk Jack I did not expect to get into Blockheads so much but I am truly hooked on it. It's got a fresh take and I love exploring, building camps along the way and finding new stuff.

19. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I respect mr ed209's decision, because after thinking about the issue - as well as watching gameplay footage of Minecraft on YouTube (Xbox 360 edition) - I agree with his position and would rather the dev (majicdave) took one of the following payment options:
    1. Freemium with time constraints and one-off permanent IAP to remove them (think of the free version as a demo)
    2. Up-front charge and no time constraints

Providing that options 1 and 2 are the same cost, I'd be happy with option 1: draws in players, allows them to experience game and controls, and then they can purchase the one-off permanent IAP to remove time constraints.

I will continue as I've only paid for the one-off halve crafting time IAP, but am anti-consumable IAP.

If majicdave wanted an additional revenue stream, I'd rather that he explore one of the payment options above and allowed players optional IAP for existing items e.g. tools, materials, etc, for those players who are too impatient and/or want specific items without wishing to find them / craft them.

As it is, I'm in the same position as mr ed209 and VirtualBoyFreak. Really like the slant on the Minecraftesque sandbox creation / exploration, especially the controls but loathe the artificial time restrictions.

Once I finish Mass Effect, as well as a couple of games on my iPad, I'll buy Minecraft on the Xbox 360 and that will be that as far as The Blockheads is concerned.

20. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Such protest over optional IAP. It's really not necessary to play or enjoy unless its existence is what bothers you so.