★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigakure View Post
I love the update, what a shame I didn't know that the stats erased when you delete the app, but still, I love it.
Ahh man I feel bad for not warning people about that sooner Yeah, there's no cloud saves or anything like that...

Quote:
Daily Challenge
Daily Rank
Weekly Rank
Monthly Rank
I really want to do a Daily Challenge, but Game Center isn't up to the task, which means I gotta write and deploy my own server backend. It's doable but it's a bit of work, and depending on the traffic the server cost could be prohibitive. I'm looking into Apple's new CloudKit API but that would limit this feature to iOS 8. I suppose that wouldn't be the end of the world though.

Daily/Weekly/Monthly ranks really depend on whether or not the Daily Challenge thing works out. E.g. it'd have weekly/monthly ranks based solely on the daily challenge results.

Quote:
More Themes (including a theme for sharing on twitter, facebook,
Etc), maybe this could help the game, I don't know
More themes are on the todo list for sure. Not sure about forcing people to share to get'm though (blah)

Quote:
Maybe a currency to buy colors, themes and something else (a extra
Opporunity for daily challenge), and you get the currency by playing, you could give by getting money and everytime they make good scores in a row, they get bonuses or something
I've been thinking about a medal system where you'd earn bronze/silver/gold/platinum after certain thresholds, but probably too late to incorporate that into the theme unlocks (well, I could do it for the new themes I guess).

Quote:
Maybe More Music
I originally wanted to make a new track for each theme but it was too much work. If I could sell the game for $10 like an album on iTunes then sure

Quote:
Maybe Pay to hide ads
Still thinking about that... People I've asked won't pay more than $1-$2. Not worth it at that level :/

Quote:
Maybe a Lvl Mode (I'm not sure about this)
I've decided not to add modes - people rarely play the alternate modes in my other games. I do have some ideas though, but it'll be a separate game if it happens at all.

Quote:
Maybe the possibility of choosing the color of the two squares in any theme you want (or unlock this by winning the Daily Challenge once or I don't know if there's gonna be a prize for Daily Challenge)
The colour modes take HOURS of tweaking to get right. Just picking 2 random colours usually looks like crap (Seriously, the blending involved is a bit complex - the background colours affect the foreground colours)

Quote:
I would suggest to put the stats in the Cloud or something to keep them save even if the app is deleted.
Yup. I'm trying to think of a good way to do this without it breaking. I've not found automatic syncing with iCloud to be reliable. I get complaints almost daily about high scores reverting on Game Center - imagine if all your stats do that!

Quote:
Something for the last theme could be making 160 or more 3-5 times in a row (I don't think I can do it, and if I can, probably would take me hours)
Oh man people are bitch'n about the 90 4 times in a row being impossible already

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: www.chaoticbox.com Twitter YouTube
07-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I am loving this new update. Definitely revitalized the game for me.
07-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
Oh man people are bitch'n about the 90 4 times in a row being impossible already
Ha, I'm one of them! 3 times in a row and on the 4th I died on eighty-something! Grrrr!

Thanks for update, I'm enjoying coming back to this game and unlocking stuff.
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I hope you add the option to remove adds at some point. Great game!!!
I do think a coin system would be cool, and more creative missions for the themes other than "score this much this many times".
New modes would be cool too.
07-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Congratulations! You've been ripped off with the help of some assets from Pudding Monsters! Pudding Tap Tap Tap

GC: Jerutix -- Love and Peace to all!
07-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
Congratulations! You've been ripped off with the help of some assets from Pudding Monsters! Pudding Tap Tap Tap
And it plays just as shit as every other rip off (there are a BUNCH). People really need to start putting more effort into these

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: www.chaoticbox.com Twitter YouTube