Mega Dead Pixel :: New arcade retro faller - Looking for testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by About Fun, Apr 11, 2013.

1. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

#1 About Fun, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    Hi guys,

we are looking for gamers that would like to do the testing of our upcoming game Mega Dead Pixel. It's a classic case of ARPEF (Arcade Retro Pixel Endless "Faller") ;).

Fall right next to the obstacles to paint the black pixels and score (be fast to earn Mega Pixel). Collect white pixels to become bigger, crash obstacles to score and coins to buy new shapes, bonuses and of course... hats. Be the master of the leaderboards. Complete missions and paint 1000000 pixel to reveal the grand secret.

Mega Dead Pixel is all about simple controls and "easy to learn hard to master" gameplay. Inspired by Nokia snake, Katamari damacy, and Need for speed - Mega Dead Pixel is super difficult retro "JUST ONE MORE GO" experience.

The main purpose of the testing is the balancing of all aspects of the gameplay and of course, we are interested in some pure gamers feedback too. Please note that testing is made just by playing, all the usage data are gathered automatically.

Please, if you want to participate, reply in the forum with your TestFlight email and add your device UDID.

Thank you!

Check out the gameplay trailer:

See the screenshots here:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sidewalker

Sidewalker Active Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Programmer
    New York City
    Cool

Looks Cool. Lots of rotating particles, are you using cocos2D or another game engine for rendering particles?

3. About Fun

Thanks for reply!
    We are using Unity with 2DToolkit and some other plugins... Wanted to stick with one engine for all games we are currently working on.

4. About Fun

But you should try the game itself... it's quite dynamic :)
    We will post some gameplay video soon.

5. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Loved the art style! Looks fun enough, will wait for the video :)

I'm also interested for the testing, can I just send you a message about my Testflight ID?

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'd be curious to test this; undeadcow3 @ yahoo.com.

7. About Fun

Thank you! Perfect. Just send me message with your TestFlight email or post it here on forum.

8. Bardock29

Bardock29 Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
  9. ap3xultima

ap3xultima New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    IT Support
    United Kingdom
    The vector-like art style looks great.
    Curious to know if the audio will maintain the quality.

Look forward to its release.

10. About Fun

Great, we will send invites & grant permissions to test build via Testflight during Monday.

11. About Fun

We have just sent TestFlight invitation to Bardock29 and undeadcow.

What about you, ap3xultima, ruka and Sidewalker? :)

12. About Fun

Video & Testlight access

Guys, we have just uploaded first MDB gameplay video - see it in the main post. Do you like what you see?

For those who joined the testing, the TF access to beta build of the game will be granted in a few hours.

13. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I like it so far, but there definitely needs to be sensitivity for the swipe controls, they're way too fast on a small screen to be precise. The buttons work, but I don't like waiting for it to start moving quickly, and I can't tap fast enough to move quickly. This makes the game fairly hard to play for me, my high score as of yet is 100-something.

14. Zeldaniac

Dec 22, 2012
    Also, I don't really understand the point of buying shapes when they already appear in-game. Is there a point to this?

15. About Fun

Thanks for the feedback. Well, we are tweaking the controls and so far the buttons with sensitivity 4 or 5 seems to be the best setting to be precise to fly next to obstacles and paint them and yet still fast enough to avoid them. Swipe is a little bit experimental option to be honest.
    It needs a little bit of practice, it's a game of skill. Some tester were able to achieve high score in thousands, one of them even more than 5.000 points.
    Let me know your thought about that sensitivity when you try it :).

16. Zeldaniac

Dec 22, 2012
    Ok,I gave it a solid 20m with the sensetivity set to 4, and I can definitely say it's much better, and the game is a lot of fun! I'm able to get 500-600 consistently, and my rate is growing. Idk if there's a game center for beta testers, but I can't wait for it.

However, I would definitely get rid of the missions that force you to buy stuff, because it kinda ruins your own freedom of progression, like forcing me to buy the angry face.

17. About Fun

Really glad you like it! We have GC switched off for beta, but will be turning it on soon to see some competition between users.

We will think about these buying stuff missions - their point is in guiding you to different parts/aspects of the game. These items should be cheap and missions containing them could be easily skipped though.

Did you manage to get the MegaPixel in any of your playthrough? Also, do you get the point of buying shapes now? :)

18. Zeldaniac

Dec 22, 2012
    Awesome, can't wait to compete.

I understand why you would want them in there, but for something purely cosmetic (a la angry face) then you shouldn't be forced to use your coinage on the item or skipping the mission. (However, I really like that you can skip missions without paying obscene prices.)

After playing more, I get MegaPixel 1 or 2 times every game. :)

...not really, I've bought the first few and still don't get the point.

19. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Sorry, busy in these past few days so I can only check TA just now :/

Anyway detail message already sent!

20. About Fun

That's really good, but when you get 5 MegaPixels or more in one game, you can call yourself a real PRO ;).

BTW: new version of the game with GC leaderboards enabled is ready, so you can start competing :)

Shapes are really important. Every shape represent specific amount of pixels, if you fly next to one made of more pixels, you score more and it's easier to get megaPixel faster too.
    So my advice is, get some more small and medium sized shapes, preferably those taller than wider and most importantly, some big sized shapes too and you will break the 2.000 score mark in no time :).