I can't install some apps on my iPod?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Hi all. So today i received promo codes for two games. Tower of the Sorcerer and Rogueship. So i redeemed them, then it started downloading. Then when i try to sync it to my ipod it just won't install. I also make sure the games are checked too. Then i said "well this isn't a problem, i can just download it on my ipod in the app store" well i tried that but when i search for the games, the suggestions pop up then, when press the name of the game, it says "No match found" Do any of you encounter this?

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You've reached your promo code limit. Now you cant redeem any more.

3. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    That's not true...i've just traded something for Home Run Battle today and it worked...

4. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Your ipod has minutes before apple locks it for good. Apple doesn't get a share from promo codes.

5. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    You're kidding.

6. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    :) and just download them directly from the appstore and you wont have to pay...did it many times to save myself syncing time

7. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yes i know that but the problem is that when i go to look for the games in the app store, i hit on the suggestions that pop up when you start typing and it says no match found.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    wait there's a such thing? LOL.

9. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    The first sign that apple is preparing to lock you out.

10. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    oh i have seen that before...your ipod has exactly 32.432453353525 minutes before it will explode. The best cource of action would be to flush it down the toilet.

11. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Seriously guys, help me out

12. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I think he's kidding...

Maybe the games are only available for iPhone? (but it wouldn't make sence, a Tower game... or does it somehow use the compass maybe?)

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You could try searching the developer's name instead.

14. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    But shouldn't it be in the app store on my iPod?

15. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    If its not available for your device, it won't show in your device's App Store... (I noticed that when I tried to download Smule's Ocarina before it had touch mode... I didn't even find it by searching "Ocarina" or "Smule"...)

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    But you can buy non-compatible apps in iTunes.

Look at the Requirements section in iTunes for the app. If it doesn't list your device, it won't install. Sometimes it's just because the dev didn't/couldn't test on that version, or just goofed (or it's an app that depends on the camera too much to be useful on an ipod, or needs the 3GS hardware, or a newer version of the OS...)

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    -.- lol..im smart, dont judge me.

18. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    if the game or app is incompatible with your device it wont install but you can still buy it in itunes. it wont let you see it on your device either because they only show apps that are compatible with the device. even if you have them checked in itunes to install them the wil; not be there should be a message that tell you that the apps were not installed due to an error if you look aat what the erroer is then it will telll you that the app was not compatible with your device but if you smash your ipod it should help not sure how though but i cant see why it wouldnt so smashey smashey right now hurry

19. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Try following a link with your ipod through safari ( the apple app link) and see if it takes you to the app in the appstore, that's what I do when the app is just out and won't appear in searches.