Balloon Wars : Shooter with a new take on archery

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tychegames, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tychegames

tychegames Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Technical Lead
    London (UK)
    Hi friends,

This is my first post to TA community and I am here to announce "Balloon Wars". This is the game I have been working on when I get off my day job as a developer.

The idea is that you shoot arrows on moving targets by touching the screen at any point. Arrows are always fired from the right hand side to make it difficult as you don't want to shoot other "non-target" balloons and end up losing precious lives.

The mantra really is one arrow - one balloon (or two if it's a double target, yesssss).

You get limited arrows in every chart, although you can get more by popping bonus balloons (yessss.... again). The game currently has 64 levels but final version might have a bit less.

This was just a sneak peak and I will be coming back with more information. Game is nearing completion but I guess I am going crazy over features.

Until next time...

Attached Files:

2. tychegames

tychegames Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Technical Lead
    London (UK)
  3. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks really cool !!!!

4. tychegames

tychegames Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Technical Lead
    London (UK)
    Thanks kripa1415`, your reply has encouraged me to post more videos, else this post would have fallen to the dark side :D

I have changed the gameplay a lot since last post and will upload another trailer shortly.

Thanks again

5. tychegames

tychegames Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Technical Lead
    London (UK)
    New firing controls

Hey everyone,

I had been working on the new controls for firing mechanism as existing firing system is not really fun! I have developed two new firing systems and now I am not sure which one to use :confused: (or use both probably). I would appreciate advice on the firing systems. Here is both firing system's preview:

1. Swipe to fire (fires in same direction):
    [​IMG]

2. Natural Bow & Arrow firing system:
    [​IMG]

I am still working on gameplay improvement. I would love to hear your views on the gameplay. Please do share.

6. tychegames

tychegames Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Technical Lead
    London (UK)
    Balloon wars submitted for review

Hi friends,

Balloon wars has been submitted for review. I'll release it as soon as it gets approved.

Here is a video of the latest app.

Hope everyone will like it :D