• Publisher: Slitherine
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 36.1 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $9.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: #1 Best selling board game in 28 stores!

Forge a mighty civilization on your iPad in this epic empire building game set during the Roman Empire!

Reviews
80% Touch Arcade "Legion demonstrates that these people can handle strategy on every scale"
80% Board Game Geek "Overall, it is a classic game of a caliber not often seen on iOS"
80% Pocket Tactics "Legion is one of the most rewarding games on the App Store".
80% Gamezebo "Its very much a game on the right platform"

One of Slitherines best and critically-acclaimed classic turn-based strategy games is here for the iPad! Legion for the iPad is the first of many of classic strategy games getting faithfully transferred to the portable tablet. Not one shred of content is lost!

Legion for iPad is set in Ancient Rome, where the player must make strategic choices to control their armies and carve an empire from the assortment of tribes and city states that populate Italy, France, Spain, Germany and Britain. When the battle is joined, Legion moves to the tactical layer as players must position their troops to take advantage of terrain, troop formations, and their weapons to acquire victory with a detailed pre-battle planning stage and then watch the battles fight out with hundreds of soldiers on screen giving the iPad its biggest battles yet!

Legion for iPad has everything a strategic and tactical wargamer wants: historical accuracy of maps, scenarios, uniforms, weapons, a detailed economy that ranges from city construction and allocating working to training new units, diplomacy that must be used carefully to gain allies and thwart enemies, to awesome battles. Legion for iPad comes with three levels of difficulty, perfect for those that want to get started with strategy gaming or experienced veterans looking for a challenge.

Perfect for the gamer on the move, Legion is a true strategy classic that is easy to reach out and touch!

Includes:
* 20+ sides - gamers play against up to 20 unique opponents, each depicting the nations of the Roman Empire era.
* Detailed economy - players control their cities, allocate workers, increase production by constructing new buildings, build fortresses for protection and train new regiments.
* Historical accuracy - all maps, scenarios, uniforms and weapons are accurately modeled to capture the flavor of the ancient world and its warfare.
* Diplomacy - with so many nations, careful use of diplomacy will be required to succeed.
* 3D battlefields - the battlefield is made up of rendered terrain and will affect the combat model.
* Huge battles - based on historical data, the combat model gives the most realistic look and feel as hundreds of men are displayed in epic battles.
* Battle system - improved strategic and tactical elements.
* Improved - diplomatic, economic, and management elements.
* 3 levels of difficulty - provide a challenge for all gamers.
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Excellent update.Unit info is very useful as is direct link to game forums for help
04-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Woohoo - finally some coverage on Touch Arcade. 4/5 is fair for Legion and the comments about the UI are fair too. It is a port so the UI was not designed for iPad but works pretty well despite that.

Here's hoping for more coverage soon!

http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/12/sl...legion-review/

04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Good show!I'm surprised it happened too, TA usually leaves these hardcore games alone. That's a real good score too!
06-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Legion is still going strong but now we've added Great Battles Medieval to the line up

Its out in New Zealand and only a few hours away from launch in the rest of the world!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id596822790
02-24-2014, 01:43 PM
on sale at 4.99$.

Never played a Slitherine game yet, but am very intrigued by their lineup.
I'm a huge fan of early Civ games (mostly 1 and 3), TBS games like Xcom or WQ, and played some strategy board games. I bought Shenandoah's Bulge and Moscow, but did not have the time to play them yet.
Should I take the plunge here?

I'll read the whole thread tonight to help me decide, so far it seems the devs are active and update regularly, good point!
02-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
on sale at 4.99$.

Never played a Slitherine game yet, but am very intrigued by their lineup.
I'm a huge fan of early Civ games (mostly 1 and 3), TBS games like Xcom or WQ, and played some strategy board games. I bought Shenandoah's Bulge and Moscow, but did not have the time to play them yet.
Should I take the plunge here?

I'll read the whole thread tonight to help me decide, so far it seems the devs are active and update regularly, good point!
I love the early Civ games, ok maybe just Alpha Centauri, TBS... especially Xcom and Jagged Alliance, WQ on iOS and, again, I love the Shenandoah's games for iOS. That said I took the plunge and I'm loving it.

The game is most like Dominions on PC and like a non-freemium garbage version of Mini Warriors for iOS.
09-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipFromSlitherine View Post
Legion is iPad only currently. We had it running on the iPhone, but the UI was just 10% too small to be easily usable. If there is demand we will look at tweaking things to allow it to run on the smallscreen too!

Cheers

Pip
How about now with the iPhone Plus? I just got rid of my iPad mini and iPhone 4S to get an iPhone Plus. I'm a huge fan of strategy games, which typically suck on an iPhone but are excellent on iPad, but the Plus is a whole different matter.

Will you guys consider testing it out to see if Legion fits well enough on the Plus and maybe iPhone 6 to revisit the matter?

It could be a Xmas gift...
09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
How about now with the iPhone Plus? I just got rid of my iPad mini and iPhone 4S to get an iPhone Plus. I'm a huge fan of strategy games, which typically suck on an iPhone but are excellent on iPad, but the Plus is a whole different matter.

Will you guys consider testing it out to see if Legion fits well enough on the Plus and maybe iPhone 6 to revisit the matter?

It could be a Xmas gift...
If you want the strategy games then your best getting the full size iPad