Universal Angry Birds 2 (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 30, 2015.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015

Angry Birds 2

Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    Play the world's best bird flinging, pig popping game! Use the slingshot to fling birds at the piggies' towers and brin…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Play the world's best bird flinging, pig popping game! Use the slingshot to fling birds at the piggies' towers and bring them crashing down – all to save the precious eggs. New to the world of Angry Birds? Angry Birds 2 is the best way to get to know all of the iconic characters and experience the fun gameplay that has captured the hearts (and spare time) of millions of players. Decorated Angry Birds veteran? Everything you love about classic Angry Birds games is here with some awesome new additions. Choose which bird to fling when, play with friends, take on multi stage levels, and compete and collaborate with players around the globe. Features: ● CHOOSE YOUR BIRD. Choose which bird to put in the slingshot and defeat the pigs with strategy! ● MULTI-STAGE LEVELS. Play fun, challenging levels with multiple stages – just watch out for those Boss Pigs! ● DAILY CHALLENGES. Have a minute? Complete a daily challenge and earn some quick rewards. ● LEVEL UP your birds with feathers and up their scoring power. Build the ultimate flock! ● JOIN A CLAN to take down the pigs with friends and players around the world. ● IMPRESS THE MIGHTY EAGLE in Mighty Eagle's Bootcamp and earn coins to use in his exclusive shop. ● COMPETE in the ARENA. Compete with other players for some friendly bird flinging fun and prove who is the best. ● COLLECT SILLY HATS. Collect hats with different fun themes and level up your birds' fashion game. ● BAD PIGGIES. The green baddies are back, stronger, badder, and even greener. ● LOTS OF LEVELS. Play hundreds of levels with more added in regular updates and limited time events. ● LEADERBOARDS. Prove who is the best in the world on the global leaderboards. ● FREE to download! --- When playing this game, Rovio will offset the carbon footprint caused by the device’s energy consumption. Angry Birds 2 is completely free to play. Although Angry Birds 2 can be downloaded for free, there are optional in-app purchases available. While our game is free to download and play, some game items can also be purchased for real money and the game may include loot boxes or other game mechanics with random rewards. Purchasing these items is optional but you can also disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings. This game may include: - Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13. - Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse to any web page - Advertising of Rovio products and also products from third parties This game may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply. When the game is played for the first time, there is a one-off download of additional content. Terms of Use: https://www.rovio.com/terms-of-service Privacy Policy: https://www.rovio.com/privacy We may update the game periodically, for example to add new features or content or to fix bugs or other technical issues. Please note that the game may not function properly if you do not have the newest version installed. If you have not installed the latest update, Rovio will not be responsible for the game failing to function as expected.
    Information
    Seller:Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 30, 2015
    Updated:Feb 23, 2024
    Version:3.20
    Size:308.0 MB
    User Rating: (52)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

[​IMG]
    Angry Birds 2

Rovio Entertainment Ltd
    Genres: Games Puzzle Action
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPhone5s
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone4S
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPhone5c
    • iPhone5
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone6
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone4
    • iPad23G
    • iPodTouchSixthGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 82.3MB

Angry Birds 2

Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    Play the world's best bird flinging, pig popping game! Use the slingshot to fling birds at the piggies' towers and brin…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Play the world's best bird flinging, pig popping game! Use the slingshot to fling birds at the piggies' towers and bring them crashing down – all to save the precious eggs. New to the world of Angry Birds? Angry Birds 2 is the best way to get to know all of the iconic characters and experience the fun gameplay that has captured the hearts (and spare time) of millions of players. Decorated Angry Birds veteran? Everything you love about classic Angry Birds games is here with some awesome new additions. Choose which bird to fling when, play with friends, take on multi stage levels, and compete and collaborate with players around the globe. Features: ● CHOOSE YOUR BIRD. Choose which bird to put in the slingshot and defeat the pigs with strategy! ● MULTI-STAGE LEVELS. Play fun, challenging levels with multiple stages – just watch out for those Boss Pigs! ● DAILY CHALLENGES. Have a minute? Complete a daily challenge and earn some quick rewards. ● LEVEL UP your birds with feathers and up their scoring power. Build the ultimate flock! ● JOIN A CLAN to take down the pigs with friends and players around the world. ● IMPRESS THE MIGHTY EAGLE in Mighty Eagle's Bootcamp and earn coins to use in his exclusive shop. ● COMPETE in the ARENA. Compete with other players for some friendly bird flinging fun and prove who is the best. ● COLLECT SILLY HATS. Collect hats with different fun themes and level up your birds' fashion game. ● BAD PIGGIES. The green baddies are back, stronger, badder, and even greener. ● LOTS OF LEVELS. Play hundreds of levels with more added in regular updates and limited time events. ● LEADERBOARDS. Prove who is the best in the world on the global leaderboards. ● FREE to download! --- When playing this game, Rovio will offset the carbon footprint caused by the device’s energy consumption. Angry Birds 2 is completely free to play. Although Angry Birds 2 can be downloaded for free, there are optional in-app purchases available. While our game is free to download and play, some game items can also be purchased for real money and the game may include loot boxes or other game mechanics with random rewards. Purchasing these items is optional but you can also disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings. This game may include: - Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13. - Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse to any web page - Advertising of Rovio products and also products from third parties This game may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply. When the game is played for the first time, there is a one-off download of additional content. Terms of Use: https://www.rovio.com/terms-of-service Privacy Policy: https://www.rovio.com/privacy We may update the game periodically, for example to add new features or content or to fix bugs or other technical issues. Please note that the game may not function properly if you do not have the newest version installed. If you have not installed the latest update, Rovio will not be responsible for the game failing to function as expected.
    Information
    Seller:Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 30, 2015
    Updated:Feb 23, 2024
    Version:3.20
    Size:308.0 MB
    User Rating: (52)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn it.. they went freemium again. I was hoping they learned their lesson (if you look at all the analyst reports, their games started going downhill heavily in their freemium phase).

So now we got a new online, free AB2? If this is the Construction game then I played it and it was nice but it felt like all their other free games with giant road blocks for $$ spending.

But who knows, maybe they changed it. I doubt it though considering how almost all their releases are now online games "social" games.

3. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    There it is! I'm excited to check it out :D

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, this was Angry Birds Under Pigstruction in soft-launch. It's even named that in the App Store link, but you can bet Pocket Gamer and their expert sleuths will reconfirm that in their 20th article on the matter...just to make sure.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah and Pigstruction was too Freemium for my taste. Pass for me! And the best game of the week is still not live... (should be up later today though, at least in NZ).

6. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Its live in UK

7. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Why would anybody release a premium 99 cent game in the current App Store? That makes no sense.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Seriously, PG has had SO many articles speculating and confirming on this game. It's ridiculous.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's a good question, but I don't believe there was any mention of $0.99. I for one would have paid upwards of $10 for a fully premium Angry Birds experience.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pocket Gamer usually is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the word "ridiculous". :)

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Downloaded, played 3 levels and seen hearts (timers to replenish), gold currency, then deleted. No place on my devices. I for one agree with Casket, would have paid money for a premium experience, not .99, but upwards of $10. The game shows nice animations and production value, but not getting any of my money.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it's an absolute shame. It gives me great pain having to delete this. It's absolutely gorgeous and sooooooooo much fun. :( Oh well, back to Grimrock! :D

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Basically what you said.

@mid: I never said it should be 99 cents. It'd be nice if it was but I would pay more for this AB2 in premium form. In its current state I wouldn't pay for anything.

Oh well. Let's just see how this one does after all that hype.

14. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
  15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here, gave it a go and nah, freemium hell.

Whats funny is that Rovio made their millions with Angry Birds being a priced game, i just would have thought after the last few games not doing too well they might have gone back to the traditional payment way which might have brought back the masses.

I dont mind Angry Birds, enjoyed the star wars ones but this just seems more of the same really

16. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm going to love it when iOS journalists will find a way to praise this freemium sequel. Timers, currencies, Facebook, dailies, the whole shebang.

PS: Also waiting on the next FNAF article, there's a weekly quota to fill on those, right?

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #17 ste86uk, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    After Angry Birds Epic reading these comments it doesn't surprise me at all, I'd much prefer a paid app also. Although I'll still give it a try as sometimes I'm not too bothered by free games as I just play them in short bursts anyway. Even paid ones sometimes...keep swapping between puzzle craft 2, divid by sheep and to-fu fury a lot at the minute and many others of course.

I like having the choice for whatever I'm in the mood for, but anyway hopefully the thread doesn't turn into all talking about paid/free as they all tend to do.

18. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    To be honest, I really think Angry Birds has had its best days in the sun. It's all downhill for this franchise, there are just too many other great games too choose from these days.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Very true. But i feel Angry Birds was one of the first few huge hits on mobile which gave 'us' (mobile) gamers something to show off to non-gamers etc as it was a huge huge iOS hit.

Now all these years later i find it depressing that its just become more of the same and they've changed the whole payment structure of the game. Kinda feels like an old family friend who has just turned bad years later and you're so disappointed!

20. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Is there something that sets it apart from all the other AB games?Something really new and shiny?Something innovative?That makes it a great sequel that everybody needs to play?

Aaah....TIMERS...aaaawwessssoommme :rolleyes: