Kart Rider for iphone/ipad? (Nexon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ortin2833, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ortin2833

ortin2833 New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Found this video on youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52DchFpmdg

Does anyone have any info on this? Kart Rider was a great game for PC by Nexon, never understood why they took the game down off their website. Hopefully this is a sign of it coming out for the iphone and ipad.

2. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Fail..

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I'd love to see this. I'm loving fun kart racing games like Mario Kart (I played almost 1500 hours of Mario Kart Wii).
    To be honest, I'm not really happy with the solutions on the idevices. I think Shrek Kart looks gorgeous, but it isn't really fun. Cocoto Kart is okay, but looks horrible. And Nitro Kart 2 isn't bad either, but none of these games even comes close to Mario Kart.
    Maybe this will be a step in the right direction...

5. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Do you think the gc or wii mario kart is better?

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #6 gospel9, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Wow this is like a dream come true for me. It would be perfect if they can get the multiplayer right. Thanks for sharing this!

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Well, I play both on my Wii (you can play GameCube games on Wii, too).
    It's a tough decision, but I'd go for the Wii version. You have a lot of options, and the replay value is much higher than in Double Dash. Moreover, Mario Kart Wii is probably Nintendos best online game up to date.
    Nontheless I like Double Dash, too. The option to choose two drivers was simply stunning, as it brought some depth into the game (and that is nearly impossible when it comes to fun kart racers). You don't get that in the Wii version, as you can only choose between three or four drivers / vehicles if you want to win - the others are just way too slow. But at least you can jump again, it doesn't feel like you're "on rails" like in the predecessor. Moreover the battle mode is better in the GameCube version of the game, but on the other hand the tournament and time trial modes of the Wii version are better.
    To put it in a nutshell: both are great, but I'd vote for the Wii version.

8. angrygrandma

angrygrandma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    too bad the pc version got shutdown in North America =(

9. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    I've gotta say, I'd love to see this come to fruition! Just like Capone, coming from the old skool of video gaming, I too have always been a massive fan of Mario Kart and I'm still looking for a true iPhone alternative. Indeed Shrek Kart does look stunning with Retina Display, but despite it's gyro integration, it's the karting equivalent of an Austin Allegro (it all falls apart rather quickly). And while Crash Bandicoot Nitro 2 is certainly more fun to play, it still doesn't do it for me aesthetically. Retina might help if you're listening Activision! But going back to the point of the discussion, Kart Rider Rush looks pretty cool to me and if the WiFi Multiplayer is up to the job it could be a blast. The drifting looks cool too, but is it me or did it look a smidge slow in the vid? Or maybe I should lay off the speed? In any case, I shall be keeping an eye out for this one.

10. gospel9

Oct 5, 2008
    I played the US Beta when it was available it was really really fun. You will be learning tricks and different ways to drift etc for a long time. It was a lot more fun than Mario Kart. I really hope they release this version world wide and let players compete globally. Maybe it'll be a free download with in-app purchases.

Either way I am happy that Nexon is focussing on the latest gen Apple devices now.

11. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Well, besides the fact that there is no such thing that is more fun than Mario Kart (no, not even the thing with the bed and the girl) you really made me curious. ;)
    I never heard about Kart Racer before, what do you mean with "when it was available"? Was it a web game or something like that?
    The fun racer besides Mario Kart I enjoyed the most was probably Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (by Sumo Digital for SEGA). The dev team at Sumo is so cool, they really discussed with the fans during the development cycle about the game. :D I really liked it and played it for about 70 hours.

12. gospel9

Oct 5, 2008
    #12 gospel9, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    Kart Rider came out as a beta online mutiplayer PC (Windows) game sometime after Maple Story made its official debut (well I think anyway, it was many years ago). It's got most of the Mario Kart physics but the game has a lot more tricks and skills to be learned, things like Mirror Drifting for example:

It's basically Mario Kart with the classic Mario Kart graphics that we all love (but also much improved), and it's online! If you loved classic Mario Kart and have always wanted an online version, this game is it.

This game has an insane number of upgrade options for your Kart and character / character appearance. There is a very large selection of different race type’s to choose from and all have different goals but as always the main goal is to win the race. There's even team based races where you and your team need to work together to try and defeat the other team. This is where tactics come into play as you will need to use all of your skill to you knock the other team out of the race.

Just like Mario Kart you can pick up weapons along your race that you can use to attack or slow down the opposition. There's stuff like reversing the controls of the person in front of you, the classic banana peels, and lots more I couldn't remember. There's also a ton of shortcuts and alternative paths in the maps just like you would expect from MK.

13. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    That sounds absolutely awesome. :)
    I'm curious to know how the controls will work, though. I won't say I had issues when playing Cocoto Kart, Shrek Kart or Nitro Kart, but steering didn't feel natural, to be honest. And if Kartrider is so sophisticated, I hope steering won't turn out to be difficult...
    In my opinion the controls of Shrek Kart were the best yet on an iDevice, but I think no one really nailed it until now when it comes to fun racers.
    From what I can tell when watching the iPhone teaser of Kartrider Rush, the speed is rather slow. I think that is probably an advantage when playing on a device like an iPhone. And I have to admit that I prefer slower racing games like Mario Kart. Games like Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing or Cocoto Kart are a bit too fast according to my taste.

14. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Well, KartRider Rush will debut on iOS this month for free. You'll be able to buy additional stuff though. What I don't understand is: why is there only local multiplayer?

shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source: Modojo

15. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    If this can happen, i will not be happier. I hope also one day, i can play wow on iphone or ipad.:)

16. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    But if it originally was an online multiplayer game, why isn't it online on iOS?

17. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  18. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Servers cost money. Nexon is probably just testing the waters and will add it later.

19. Cellary

Cellary Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Of course wii mario kart is better.

20. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Woot, thanks for the update + screens/link. I don't mind the freemium model for this game, but I do agree that it would have made more sense to have online MP.