Going on a trip, which game should I get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by clarke845, Nov 21, 2009.

1. clarke845

clarke845 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm going to be on a 3 hour drive and I wanted to buy a new game to keep me busy. I was thinking of either Ravensword, Asphalt 5, or Call of Duty: Zombies. Which one would you recomend. I'm leaning towards Ravensword because it seems like its the perfect type of game you can play for long periods of time. But, I really want Cod: Zombies for those "whenever" moments. Your suggestions?

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Either Ravensword or Zombies. I can't get enough of Zombies, but it's a battery killer. If you're planning on getting that one, make sure you have a way to charge. It's really really awesome though. Ravensword is really cool too, but I seem to be getting lost. Alot. I'm enjoying it alot though. I can't say anything about Asphalt as I havn't played it yet, but it seems good. Depends on what kind of game you like more, action rpg/adventure or survival fps.

And Zombies is great for long-time gaming too. It just doesn't get old. There's always new ways of surviving and the random box keeps things different.

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Well, personally I'd go for Ravensword (on your list) since it has the best longevity of the three. Asphalt 5 is fun (especially the online multi) but the elimination matches which are forced upon you are broken so its a little hard to recommend for a car ride. CoD: Zombies is also amazing for online multi, but offline it will get pretty repetitive.

Basically, from your list go for Ravensword.

4. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    1. Ravensword
    2. Asphalt 5
    3. CoD (Don't have this actually)

Ravensword doesn't have online connectivity, and lasts for a long time.
    Asphalt 5 is also fun, but might not last as long, and might get you dizzy or nauseous in the car.
    CoD mostly has multiplayer as its pride, but it's only over WiFi, which you wouldn't have in the car, and it's the most expensive game of the bunch.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    If you are going to be without internet, COD: Zombies isn't going to be much good as the highlight of the game is online multiplayer (I don't know if it works through 3G though).
    Ravensword would probably be the best game to get for a 3 hour car drive.
    Nice lengthy singleplayer and plenty of varied gameplay.
    Asphalt 5 is also good but may get a bit repetitive. Online multiplayer is good but again you probably won't be able to use it.
    So yeah, get Ravensword for the journey.
    But definately get COD: Zombies as well for when you are at home/with an internet connection.

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    out of your choices i'd say Zombies, Ravensword, Asphalt 5. (i own Zombies and ravensword)

but the reason I'd say zombies over ravensword is because i'm assuming you will be playing this game even after your trip. Ravensword has an awesome storyline and stuff but Zombies has unlimited replay value.

otherwise,
    i'd say look for some good cheap priced games (under $3), cause that way you could get multiple long lasting, unlimited replay type games for your trip and you won't be spending as much. I can't think of any now (maybe other TA members could help), but something like Mini Squadron or Jet Car Stunts.

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    14 in 1

I'd get 14-in-1, a game pack that has a whole mess of popular games. I think it's 99 cents atm too. That'd keep you busy.
    -ex
    ps. they are real games, that you can buy separately, they are just bundled up.

8. iRichie

iRichie New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    U.S.
    My vote is for RavenSword it's a great game....and if you get lost in the game... :cool: to think that a game that runs on a iphone/ipod is big enough to do that....WoW

9. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009