TouchSports Batting 1000™ - Official Product / Developer thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HandheldGames, Apr 2, 2009.

1. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    #1 HandheldGames, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hey Everyone!

Wanted to share some screenshots from last weeks version of TouchSports Batting 1000™, an Arcade Style 3D Batting game on it's way to the iPhone™ and iPod touch™ platforms. We've been quiet on this title for good reason. Back after the break.

With advances in our Showtime Engine™, TouchSports Batting 1000™ has pushed our level of quality well beyond what we established in Tennis '09.

The hitting mechanic is what Batting 1000 is all about and we're very excited about it. Its intuitive, natural and really lets players connect with the game and on-screen action.

Enjoy!
    HHG

Note: Just want to clarify for our fan base out there:

TouchSports™ Batting 1000 is an arcade style game focused on a real fun batting mechanic.

TouchSports™ Baseball '09 is the full game of baseball with batting, Pitching & Fielding in a Single Game, World Series, and Playoffs and will be released after Batting 1000.

Expect a series of videos to be released in the coming weeks to showcase the game.

HHG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing graphics!!!
    I;m amazed!!

Looks sweet!

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    DAMN!!!!!

This is HANDHELD GAMES! Not that Obama App.

4. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    This game really sines in 3D. The implementation of the players, stadium, and multiple dynamic cameras is something we've paid a lot of attention to. It feels like your playing through a game on MLBHD.

Thx!
    HHG

5. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Obama didn't get through for lets say political reasons.

6. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    Yeah I know. Check your PM.

I was stunned you tried to put out something like that as a follow up to TS Tennis.

NOW THIS! THIS IS HANDHELD GAMES. And this is the quality I expected from you guys!

Good luck and congrats on what's looking like another EPIC game! :D

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    This looks great. What is the timing for this?

8. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Were in a polish mode and hoping to have it ready for submission in around 3 weeks.

Thx!
    HHG

9. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Any ideas on price point?

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Shame about Obama, oh bummer, this app should make up for wasted time, it looks the dogs danglers!

Still enjoying the tennis very much in the meantime. (Could you please give us the Christmas version back as an ingame option?) (sorry to use the word Christmas and not holiday season, not good at the pc thing)

11. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    God this looks amazing. If there is one thing you guys are great for, it is stunning graphics, and great frame rates. I bought Tennis when it first came out and still play it ever now and then. The one complaint I have, it that I wish you could have power shots or lob the ball. Maybe just have a lob button on the left and a power button on the right. The longer you hold it down, the higher/stronger it goes. This would really add more gameplay to it. I really love the game, and look forward to your new game and touchsports basketball? fingers crossed!

12. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Thanks for the great feedback on our Games! With advances in our Showtime Engine™, TouchSports Batting 1000™ has pushed our level of quality well beyond what we established in Tennis '09. Every time I play this game, I get a smile on my face like the dude from Enzyte... LOL

Thanks for the feedback on Tennis. We've had our sights on hitting our FIRST iPhone/iPod touch baseball title out of the park and have a que of upgrades, such as the one you mentioned in the works.

Thx!
    HHG

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    This looks absolutely incredible and if it plays how it looks, you will have the best sports game on the device.

Is this going to have a season mode because that would make this a killer game in my opinion....and stats of course.
    Oh that would be freakin' amazing....

14. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Everyone's reaction to TouchSports™ Batting 1000 is consistent with what I received at GDC, from industry veterans and peer-publishers at the touchArcade gathering.

The hitting mechanic is what Batting 1000 is all about and we're very excited about it. Its intuitive, natural and really lets players connect with the game and on-screen action. TouchSports Baseball '09, will be the full game of baseball with all the seasons and stats baseball fans are looking for.

I can't wait to show off some video. :cool:

Thx!
    HHG

15. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    WTH?!?!!!! You were at IDU during GDC?

Damn! Another someone I missed. I'm clearly bringing name tags for IDU2 @ WWDC

16. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    HHG, you know I'm a fan of TST and support y'all but I gotta be honest ......I'll be buying some peanuts & cracker-jacks when this grand-slam drops;)

17. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #17 salsamd, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    This is a must if it stands to compete wrt longevity with Baseball Superstars and the upcoming Flick Baseball.

Baseball fans, including myself, will demand much beyond an elegant aesthetic...

Edit: Why two versions of the game? Is TouchSport Batting 1000 merely a feature subset of Touchsport baseball '09? Is the plan merely to get a baseball title out circa the first month of the baseball season? Does one assume then that the full game is far from complete?

18. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It should be a nice option and it has a quick play option too

19. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Freeverse and HHG had a chance to show off our baseball games to each other at GDC and I'm happy to say I'm not concerned.. I can actually say I'm relieved. :cool: Regarding BS baseball - it's like - eechhh - saw that on NES - wasn't that called RBI Baseball :rolleyes: . I've been playing baseball since the 2600 and have a good idea what to shoot for.

Thx!
    HHG

20. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Uhm, why are you waiting? Everyone else would like to see them as well...;)