Universal Mechanosaur Hijacks the Moon (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=267422][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267395][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267325][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267172][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267340][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267338][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267339][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267343][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267242][​IMG][/thread]

Mechanosaur Hijacks the Moon

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    I think it's our fourth game nominated for the game of the week. It feels as rewarding as the first time!

3. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update is now available! Please let me know if it helps.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    ABSOLUTELY! Yessss. Perfect! So much better! Thank you!

Billy

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Had to come and post immediately after the update and using the bidirectional controls and I must say GAME CHANGER. Absolutely what the default scheme shld be. Took the game from so so to wow just like that! Kudos dev, thnx!

6. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    The only missing component now is an option to IAP the ads away permanently. I think everyone on TA agrees on tht one.

7. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    There's already an IAP which removes ads permanently and gives a permanent HP bonus (removes the need to watch videos)

8. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #28 H4nd0fg0d, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Oh snap, how'd I miss tht??? Lol, ##
    Ok, I must already have it but an ad for another game pops rite at start up then nothing else after.

9. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #29 XperimentalZ, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Really? That's odd, we'll have to check it out but the premium system is supposed to work fine.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Fyi, i never had an ad after unlocking and this new update.

Sigh...well, i guess i have to live/play with the left-right option to compete on the leaderboard in the long run, but of course i was hoping for a seperate one, because it's a "totally" different game. Just saying, my very hard earned original score of 477 went to 650 and to 994 a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the additional replay button, lol, which is now useless since it's not one of these rare top notch one-hander games anymore, at least in my books. Of course it's much more accessible now to new/more players...

Good job on the new icon, btw. It's
    much better now.

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    994? Woah. Indeed the game experience gets quite different with bidirectional controls. I feared that it would break the end gamed balance but thought it was not that bad after tons of testing. If you can't manage to get a closer score with single touch, we could always introduce a 'one-touch only' leaderboard later on.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I am enjoying this, just gotta master the controls.

Good job dev.

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    There's was a few written comments on iTunes about people saying they'd like to see a health power-up in game. Since there's no way to reply to those people over there, I'll post it here.

There's already a health power-up, it's the green small circle surrounded by tiny triangles. Once every Asteroidians have been unlocked, new power-ups get unlocked like the moon ghost, the repulsion field, the 10 points bonus and the mega blast which clears the screen.

Those info are available in the museum (the ? button accessible in-game) but it looks like it does not make things completely obvious. We'll try to clarify things about power-ups in a future update.