Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

(Response no longer needed as "wild" post was merged.)

Last edited by dclose; 11-25-2012 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: my response is no longer needed.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 PM
iPad 2

Hi all. I recently downloaded Spelltower for the iPad. I love the game but the issue I am having is I can't seem to unlock Extreme mode although it says it's unlocked after getting 2000 points in Puzzle mode. For some reason, when I complete a game in puzzle mode, the same 1267 points show even though I may have gotten 800 points in the last game I played.
Do I have to get that 2000 points in one sitting? Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolegirl View Post
Hi all. I recently downloaded Spelltower for the iPad. I love the game but the issue I am having is I can't seem to unlock Extreme mode although it says it's unlocked after getting 2000 points in Puzzle mode. For some reason, when I complete a game in puzzle mode, the same 1267 points show even though I may have gotten 800 points in the last game I played.
Do I have to get that 2000 points in one sitting? Does anyone know how to fix this?
If it doesn't show that "2,000" number counting down after each match I'd assume they mean in one go.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
You have to get 2000 points in a single game, if I remember correctly.

Really cool game by the way.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
The number on the right hand corner should be your highscore. The left hand side should be your current score.

You need a score higher than 2000 points to unlock Ex puzzle mode, so yes it has to be in one sitting
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
iPad 2

Aww, I thought the points had to be accumulated and not in one sitting. Oh well, more of a challenge I guess. Thanks all.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default And still no dutch...

Old 11-24-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogkendra View Post
[Writing on 4/22/2012] I hate when software shops try and do too many things, losing their focus on core users. Why should iOS users subsidize developers to deal with the endless version hassles and substandard software of Android users? There's a limited amount of developer time in the world; every month spent trying to port something to some Android flavor is a month lost in core development of the main game.
Unfortunately it looks like my fears about iOS support grinding to a halt came true. Since I wrote those words over a year ago, no new iOS features at all came out, and in fact the game does not work at all (in multiplayer) in iOS 7.

I hate to say "I told you so" because I really wanted this game to succeed and for one thing I wanted to play against my friends also running iOS7. But I've seen this dynamic many times in my life: once the commitment to multiplatform is made, the worst of the platforms dominates the development time and the original platform support suffers. See, e.g., Framemaker - started out on Macs, was ported to Windows, Mac development stopped entirely.

In this case, it doesn't help that Apple is in general so developer-hostile under Cook. So sad, really: iOS was a great OS, but what happened to Spelltower is in microcosm the fate of the iOS itself.

Last edited by dogkendra; 11-24-2013 at 01:32 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 10:11 AM
iPad, iOS 1.x

First post---new member. About Spelltower---would like to know how by best scores in Tower mode stack up. 3388 total, 1916 best word (ambidexterities).