Managing memory on the iPad 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Havelcek, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Not storage memory as much as RAM or whatever is in the iPad. I find that despite not having apps open my battery drains down, even in Airplane mode. Do you guys use any apps to help monitor this situation? It seems like there are a million different ones out there.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I use System Activity Monitor, which is also good for clearing out your RAM.

3. Without being jailbroken, there isn't much to do. If your battery is unnecessarily draining best bet is full restore and NOT restoring from backup.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I second this app and if i remember rightly it's free at the moment. I'll try get link.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There are misbehaving apps out there that seem to drain battery power even after killing them in the multi-tasking bar. The only way to get my iDevices back to normal power consumption is to hold down my power button until the turn off iDevice bar appears, then swipe to turn off.

I think some apps consume power once they are installed. I recently deleted all the games off my iPhone and especially the Facebook app. Now I make it theough a typical work day with like 70% left. I used to get 0-40% with all my apps installed. The main culprit was the Facebook app, which drains my iPhone's battery unless I turn on GPS, which would also drain my iPhone battery. So deletrd.

6. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks everyone

7. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Yeh, on my iPad 1 I tend to kill the many open apps by double-clicking the home key, then when the task bar pops up I hold down on the app icons until they appear with the small red minus sign next to them then click on the open apps I want to shut down.