Universal Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Thanks for the info.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Crap...you've gotta be kidding me. I just got a refund on Android in the nick of time. Despite being pleasantly surprised by how good the game is, I don't have that space. Especially when the game seemingly bloats up more and more. :/

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'm going to have to delete another game before the day's out if I want to keep this. And I do want to keep it because it's really well made and pretty fun in anticipation of the movie. But I've been deleting apps for the past day in prep for new ones, and I'm tired of thinking about space! Hope the next iPhone has a 128GB model.

4. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Out on ios 4.99 with no IAP, anyone has try the final version?

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #25 curtisrshideler, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Yes, it's quite fun and very well-made with loads of beautiful presentation. Lots of characters to unlock, weapons and gear to equip, and ISO to obtain. Tons of levels and fun comic book cut-scenes. However, you better have a full 1GB to play it because it downloads that much data when you fire it up and play it. Overall, though, it's a nice huge game that plays a lot like Battleheart. I have only tried the single-player story, but there is also an endless arena to battle in. So, there's a lot here for $5.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Thanks! Looks fair to me for 4.99 ! And without IAP! And for a fan much more!

7. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Dang. I was just about to buy this until I saw that. AINT NOBODY GOT SPACE FO THAT!

8. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Game Impressions

The controls leave a LOT to be desired. They're "tap a friendly unit and drag to an enemy unit to start attacking them." Then you're in control of up to four friendly units. Even melee units don't always auto-attack enemies that are next to them. There seems to be a very, very small auto-attack range.

I want to enjoy this game, but I can't enjoy such a tedious control scheme.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    If it wasn't Guardians of the Galaxy, I might be upset. But, I love GotG (the comics are great!), so I accept whatever space they want to pillage. Instabought.

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Best game of the year! Loving this!

11. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    My name is Groot!

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    20 unlockable characters? Any chance those are related to the REAL Guardians of the Galaxy?!?

[​IMG]

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Looks fascinating! I've been waiting for a good squad tactical game on iOS, there hasn't been much happening in that genre since Battleheart.

How does it compare to similar games?

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Actually if you want squad based combat Raid Leader is pretty awesome, short but awesome none the less and that didn't get much attention.

The other most people should know by now is Heroes vs Monsters, endless hours of gameplay there.

15. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #35 Bool Zero, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Was that where the quest for the shield started? It's been so long since I've read these! I need to acquire some digital copies to refresh myself. I like the 2010 (year?)run, though it was different a bit, it was still good. Btw this is from the 90's run so technically this would not be considered the "real" Guardians either if we are going to make that argument, since the 69' team is the definitive one!

16. sickdevilbear

sickdevilbear Active Member

Mar 24, 2013
    NO IAP & a awesome storyline.

really a epic game.(storyline, bgm and character)

17. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    I want to see the movie so bad, theres like 2 weeks left I believe.

18. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This would actually be a decent squad fighter if it wouldn't crash as soon as the screen gets a little busy.
    The controls could use a little fine-tuning too.

Right now this game is unplayable for me, as soon as I try to activate multiple abilities the game crashes and in between waves there is severe lag. What a shame.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What device are you playing on?

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still want to give this a go but given all the games next week I want I don't know that I can actually spare the space m.