List of good bluetooth multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stephennn, Oct 14, 2009.

1. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    My friend and I like to play multiplayer games while out at bars and what not, usually using the ds, but now that they got a new 32gb ipod touch (I have a 3GS) I'd like to find some games we can use for local multiplayer without having to be connected to a wifi network.

Looking mostly for puzzle and card type games, but any good sports or action games that are bluetooth local multiplayer I'd like to hear about also. They don't like to spend as much as I do on iphone/ipod touch games either, so $1-$3 games would also be prefered.

Thank you!

2. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Wifi Warfare.
    Real Soccer 2010 (Might be Real Football 2010 depending on where you live)
    Alive-4-Ever

3. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    flight control
    f.a.s.t.
    real racing

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    iSamurai (if you don't mind looking a bit foolish XD)

5. doughogg

doughogg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Mac Consultant, Research and Promotion Director
    Los Angeles
    #5 doughogg, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks for the mention. We just released an upgrade yesterday called iSamurai: Critical Strike. One of our users recently reported battling a friend at the airport and drawing quite a crowd.

iSamurai is a real-time, one-on-one, sword-fighting game (using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) where you actually swing your iPhone like a sword to attack and the other player has to hold up his/her iPhone (or iPod Touch) to block. It is similar to some games for the Wii, except that you look at your opponent instead of a TV screen.

The two devices communicate their actions and instantly signal when hits or blocks occur. If an attack is blocked, both iPhones ring out with the sound of clashing swords. If a player is hit, his iPhone emits a cry of pain (some humorous). Because it is a real-time game, both players can attack at same time in which case, both get hit.

We have fine-tuned this new version for accuracy in recognizing attacks and blocks, and the critical strike feature means that players have to block their opponents -- they can't just swing wildly. The Critical Strike is a "power-up" which occurs if a player blocks 3 attacks without attacking. At that point, a special alert sound occurs and the player's next attack causes serious damage if not blocked.

For more info, see this thread: iSamurai news.

Here is the iTunes link: iSamurai: Critical Strike

Doug Hogg
    Toy Kite Software

6. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    *bump*

Any other ideas? Are there any puzzle/card bluetooth games?

7. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Ten Pin Shuffle is awesome :) with BT and WIFI .

8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Blades of Fury
    Alive 4-Ever
    FAST