Universal Bladeslinger - (by Kerosene)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012.

1. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    yeah, I know but it turns into a dodge movement everytime!
    by the way, it s the opposite for me: I dodge when I want to block.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    WOW...JUST WOW!

I thoroughly expected bladeslinger to get some low and some high ratings, but not that low. I believe this is the lowest pg review I've seen. Saw some fours but never a three.

As the devs will know, I have warmed up to the game. But still ranks alongside my biggest disappoinment of the year alongside dead trigger.

I will give it a honest 3/5 on the overall mainly because of IAPs and controls. I hope you guys learn from all this as bs was my most awaited game for this year.

3. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    $2.99 is the right price even for a "premium" version without need for IAP, based on how much is included in this Ep. 1. Definitely need more content update even for Ep 1 if you want to make a good impression on current customers and lure them to buy Ep 2.

4. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I'm beginning to wonder, will EP2 even be made by the devs, or will they abandon it, amid all this criticisms?

5. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    This game had tons of potential ,what a shame

6. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    horrible rating on pocketgamer ( 3 of 10 ) and 4/4 from slidetoplay
    i think i wait til i play more
    maybe an update will fix the problems

7. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The graphics on iPhone5 are beyond impressive for this game, just dripping with console quality backgrounds and detail. Everything in this game has ridiculous production quality, including the crappy controls. (Even if they don't work well for combat).

The end result is the same boring, repetative fights over and over with the same exact looking monsters?

I got bored with this rather quickly and have no urge to fire it back up.
    Too bad...

8. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=166865][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163450][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167043][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167010][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=167059][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167047][​IMG][/thread] [thread=166980][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167052][​IMG][/thread] [thread=167053][​IMG][/thread]
    Click on icons to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]Bladeslinger Ep. 1[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    21/11/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to follow the story of William Glaston?

[size=+3][thread=167275]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    11-29-2012 at 07:05 AM

9. zissop

zissop Member

Oct 1, 2010
    As i said on my previous post the game is easy! I finished it without be killed once. I don't understand how you play. I kill all enemies with a single regeneration card very easily and with only sword.

10. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Freelance writer for tech magazines. Master of pup
    Kiel, Germany
    Stuck. In front of the closed gates of Hammer's Peak after beating the critters that threw boulders. Bug, or am I missing sth?

11. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    perfect controls

The perfect controls for this game would be normal tps shooting mechanics + infinity blade combat system.

12. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #492 ruggedland, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    I'm talking about chap 5 in Plagued mode. Give that a try.

13. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    #493 Grimstone82, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    I personally think they were right on the money with their review. A pretty face can only go so far. Everything else about the game is at best mediocre (overly repetitive gameplay) and at worst horrendous (controls and IAP push). Considering how long we all waited for this game, I consider it to be one of the biggest iOS letdowns of the year.

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I have to agree that the getting stuck in a room with 1hp bar and no gold, repeatedly dying and no way of getting out of it except restarting the chapter is very annoying. Something should be done about this.

15. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Anyone else notice that the enemies have no clip or they can go through walls and barriers.

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I was fully ready and willing to disagree with the PG review, but I have to say, it's either new and amazing or IAPs... you simply cannot do both and hope to survive as a developer.

Some do OK, but even then, the IAP conversation starts, and sales start dropping. I can think of endless streams of friends who haven't and won't buy many of the latest "Premium + IAP" titles, simply because, well, it's not worth it when there are literally thousands and thousands of other titles out there.

I am more than willing to argue with PG's complaints about the controls. I honestly feel that you need to get used to them before they truly start to shine. However, if you're simultaneously trying to learn to use the control system while not having your wallet pried open? After paying for the game once? And at a premium level price?

Yeah, good luck selling both of those together...

DBC

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    After jumping back in and really learning the controls, I must admit they're good. They work well and you can tell that they were built around the game. My only gripe is the lack of different enemies and repetitive gameplay. Aside from that its one of the best looking games I've seen on the ios and I give it a 7/10

18. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #498 defred34, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Developers: Seeing largely negative reviews of Bladeslinger, will you consider pulling this game from the Appstore? Go back to the drawing board, rethink the controls, be more gracious with the IAPs, for God's sake make the monsters look different, and make the combat less locked-down.

Bladeslinger deserves so much more. At this rate, the game is going to be forgotten within 2 weeks at most.

And by the way, I finished the game yesterday. Never died once I restarted and got the health regenerator. Was fun (the only plus of the game), but I don't have the urge whatsoever to go and play it again on a harder difficulty, much less do that three more times!!! Fights are way too repetitive, and by the fifth chapter actually, even the fun factor started wearing thin. All around, Bladeslinger is everything that could go wrong with a game contrary with what you have to say about this (besides the mighty impressive visuals of course!). Come on, one or two people could be wrong, but do you still think the game is great anymore after so much negative feedback?

19. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    #499 Mhunt190, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

Noooooo!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!!! If anyone pulls this game from the AppStore I will be really mad. I think this game is close to infinity blade maybe even better.

I agree Bladeslinger deserves more positive reviews!

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Easy fix is to lower IAP game currency costs or up fight earnings, perhaps even just restore health between fights. Combat itself is fine, I prefer it to any other system I've seen on iOS personally. There's no need to take it off the store or demand new content, fix or offer alternatives to existing systems sure, but for its price you more than get your money's worth.

I do wish something could be done about Second Wind and Regeneration, but its a bit late for that now seeing as some people probably already paid for it.