Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbee View Post
Hey i'm a moderator over at exano's (the dev of PSI) stream. We're currently live so if you want to check out the creation of the game then go over here: [url]http://www.twitch.tv/exanoz[/url]

<3

Also, this is what the end result of today was:
[url]http://imgur.com/a/6569F[/url]

I've still got a lot of work to go on it, but its coming along a lot nicer.

On a phone its so much easier to select weapons/power. I'm still working on getting the main ship/enemy ship bigger on 4" and under phones, to make grid selection easier.

Quote:
I don't notice any changes yet.
Also when I click to start a new game, it puts me straight into the game with a sub already kitted out and I was instantly in battle... Is this normal?
Nope. It might be from before you updated if you had a save game in progress. I'm happy that the issue resolved itself when you re-downloaded though.. I wonder what could have caused that.

The update fixed the minimap blips being off center a smidge, it fixed the send a bug report button, added a new UI to iPhone 5, and a few smaller things (Like the bug where you couldn't stand on a pump forever and continuously pump new floods, for example)
Old 05-14-2014, 05:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I've finally been able to play for a while, and I must say I don't regret at all buying the game. Some tips for newbies:

- When sending a crew to put out a fire, just click where the fire is, wait for the crew to arrive and click to take him to the next section on fire. There's no need to wait more than 0.5-1 seconds for the crew to put out the fire.
- When a system is destroyed and a crew member is manning it, you have to move the crew member out and back in so that it gets fixed. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when you get use to doing this, it's quite direct to fix systems.
- Upgrade shields and buy an extra weapons ASAP. Remember to buy energy nodes according to the upgrades you make.
- When you enter an armory, you usually have to fight a ship prior to entering it. After you win the battle, remember to click on "visit store" (button to the right of "move on"). If you click on "move on" directly, the shop is gone forever.

I think that's all for now. The game is a great alternative to FTL, and it is different enough to have both installed on my iPad (as well as having it on my iPhone too to play on the go ). EDIT: Just won my first game. I fought 2-3 bosses before getting to the ending of the game.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 05-14-2014 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 09:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hopefully this will come to ios-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202304
Old 05-17-2014, 06:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Hopefully this will come to ios-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202304
It looks fantastic, but it has little/no resemblance to PSI, aside from both having submarines in the game. I really hope it comes to iOS though.

EDIT: PSI update 1.0.3 is live. It adds iPhone UI which achieves a bit less cramping of all the things shown. The ships are still small (I know a zoom function is in the works), but you can choose things better now

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 05-18-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 3.x

Exano's working on some new features, including building your own ship, it's pretty rad n stuff yo: [url]http://www.twitch.tv/exanoz[/url] oh yeah and you might be getting the abillity to name your own crew, because implementing keyboards n stuff.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbee View Post
Exano's working on some new features, including building your own ship, it's pretty rad n stuff yo: http://www.twitch.tv/exanoz oh yeah and you might be getting the abillity to name your own crew, because implementing keyboards n stuff.
Yeap, he's very, VERY active. I like all the things and tweaks that are being done to the game. Creating your own ship will be fantastic, as well as free roaming after you beat the main quest
Old 06-01-2014, 03:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Yeap, he's very, VERY active. I like all the things and tweaks that are being done to the game. Creating your own ship will be fantastic, as well as free roaming after you beat the main quest
The update 1.0.4 with custom ship building just went live and it works great