Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-02-2014, 05:30 AM

OK, I'm confused now. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here.
I've just unlocked the par system in Hammerfest. I've played through the first three levels that contain par, but now I can't go any further. The little flag next to the still-locked levels that I want to play says 10 par points are needed. The flag in the top right corner f the screen says I have only acquired 8 par points.
However, for the first three levels containing par, I achieved the par score on all of them: 4 for the first one, and then 3 each for the two that followed after that. Tapping once on each level to highlight it shows it: 4/4 and 3/3 and 3/3.
So is this broken? Have I missed something? What's going on here?
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
OK, I'm confused now. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here.
I've just unlocked the par system in Hammerfest. I've played through the first three levels that contain par, but now I can't go any further. The little flag next to the still-locked levels that I want to play says 10 par points are needed. The flag in the top right corner f the screen says I have only acquired 8 par points.
However, for the first three levels containing par, I achieved the par score on all of them: 4 for the first one, and then 3 each for the two that followed after that. Tapping once on each level to highlight it shows it: 4/4 and 3/3 and 3/3.
So is this broken? Have I missed something? What's going on here?
To achieve a 'par' on a level, you need to complete the level in a certain amounts of cuts. It's kinda like golf.
For example, if you have to use 4 cuts to get a par, and you use 4 or less cuts, you get a 'par point'.

Each level can give you one par point. Replaying the level and doing it again will NOT give you more.

You only have 8 par points, but to play the level you need 10. This means that if you achieve par on two more levels, you will unlock the par level.

In order to get the other par levels, you have to achieve par in levels in other packs, as there are not enough par points in the hammerfest map alone.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duivs View Post
To achieve a 'par' on a level, you need to complete the level in a certain amounts of cuts. It's kinda like golf.
For example, if you have to use 4 cuts to get a par, and you use 4 or less cuts, you get a 'par point'.

Each level can give you one par point. Replaying the level and doing it again will NOT give you more.

You only have 8 par points, but to play the level you need 10. This means that if you achieve par on two more levels, you will unlock the par level.
Yeah, I'd already explained all this above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duivs View Post
In order to get the other par levels, you have to achieve par in levels in other packs, as there are not enough par points in the hammerfest map alone.
OK, this part I didn't see. I was looking in Hammerfest only. Thanks.