Best day to release?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Ovogame, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Hello, what is the best day of the week to release an App?
    I'm guessing Friday or Saturday but I haven't any real number so... Anyone knows?

thanks

JC

2. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Interesting topic. Personally I always thought Friday/Saturday would be the worst days as you lose the chance of people talking about that new game at work/school.

On Monday it's already old news...?

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    talk about games at shool/work.. as odd as this comment sounds.. well if your game is good.. you talk to your kid buddies how great zombie slaughter extreme 2011 is.. and how you spend all weekend playing it .. dismembering zombies.

alot of people tend to release on thursday.. for whatever religious reason.. at the end any day is good..

one might think releasing it shortly before the weekend makes it more compartable for customers to find it since they have more time at the weekend to browse for new games etc..

and the end its all guesswork..

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Every dev releases on a Thursday... Gameloft, EA, ChAIR, there must be a reason.

5. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Well, if all the big shots release their games on Thursdays that might be reason enough to pick another day of the week...

6. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

:eek: TOO MANY VARIABLES TO COMPUTE! :eek:

I'm developing my first game (check the signature!), and this is also one of my worries. In the end, I decided I'll avoid the thursday as it may be a massacre if you have bigger companies releasing their games on the same day.

But of course this is not our final decision. :D