iPad Orbit - A fun minimalistic game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MBowman, May 23, 2015.

1. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Orbit is a game where the aim is simple: spin in a circle to avoid the white balls coming towards you. Orbit is the perfect game to take up the short lulls in your life when you have 5 mins to kill and are looking for a fun casual game to play. Avoid the white balls for as long as possible to increase your score! Orbit features minimalistic graphics and a clean user interface. Click play and the game begins! Fun and simple Orbit is able to offer the user a fresh experience every game and is sure to please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Can we have a gameplay video? Bit hard to see what is going on with Pics alone

3. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Gameplay video?

4. MBowman

Aug 14, 2014
    Yeah sorry guys I'm working on it right now! here's a gif of the menu though to hold you over. Thanks for the interest and yeah the video should make it easier to understand how the gameplay works.

[​IMG]

5. GamerDog

GamerDog Active Member

Nice circles

Nice circles very minimalist looking design, pretty cool, will be good to see the gameplay video. Just record something short through quicktime and put it up until your proper promo video is done.

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    If you plug the phone into your computer, go QuickTime, hit record video and click the button that says record iPhone. You should be able to do a video in minutes. You can then upload it from YouTube straight from there.

7. MBowman

Aug 14, 2014
    Finally Returned

Wow, I sincerely apologize for seemingly abandoning development of Orbit. I had some family issues that I had to take care of and unfortunately had to postpone the creation of orbit for an extended period of time. Luckily I am now able to resume development and have finally got that demo video so here it is, in all its unedited glory :eek:

8. Unlockabear

Unlockabear Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
  9. MBowman

Aug 14, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'll see about implementing some kind of line to show where your going. I've never heard of Smove surprisingly but I can see the similarities. Do you think implementing some kind of coin/collectible (like in Smove) would improve the game-play? Again, thanks for your input.

10. Unlockabear

Unlockabear Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Smove only has the collectible squares as a mechanic to keep score. I don't know if this mechanic would work in your game. I believe you score in your game for each that obstacle passes by? That probably works fine. Or you can score for each revolution you make?

I would definitely use Smove as a good reference on how to make your game challenging. Make your game challenging, but beatable to keep your players on edge and get the virality effect.

11. MBowman

Aug 14, 2014
    Yes, you would be correct. Scoring by revolutions is actually a very intriguing idea. That would give the player an incentive to keep rotating and add another layer to the game play. I'll try that scoring mechanic out and see how it compares to just obstacles survived. Also, after playing Smove for a little while it definitely has a good balance of challenge that isn't too easy or difficult. Thanks for your ideas and introducing me to Smove, its certainly a good refrence.

12. Schned

Schned Active Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Looks fun

13. MBowman

Aug 14, 2014
    Thanks! I'm hoping it'll be up on the App Store sometime in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! :D