iFishing 1.5

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RPGGuy, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #1 RPGGuy, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    I am working on some changes to iFishing. The first update will have the following changes:

*New sound effects
    *Graphical overhaul of menus
    *Moved throttle to right hand side for easier control using two hands

From there I'm going to be improving the lake view graphics, adding a tips system, alternative reeling input, and perhaps add network play.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    sweet looks good..

any info when it will be out?

3. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I haven't submitted it yet. Maybe I will by the end of the day. Have a few more sounds and minor things to add.

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    ok cool thanks.

5. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The full version was submitted this morning. It's a lot better than it used to be so everyone try it when it's available.

Now I have to work on a new lite version as well... off to work :)

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks a lot for the info RPGGUY! :)

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I like how you can move your boat around, that's a pretty neat feature.

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Do I need to say it?

What I am going to say has something to do with the game that is currently #2.

9. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No you don't need to. I'm sure it's different enough. Not many ways to do a fishing game. :p

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If the boating portion of the game is fleshed out well enough, that would be enough to differentiate it between Flick Fishing. If there's some strategy involved to where you park your boat to catch the most fish, that's more than Flick Fishing has. :)

11. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    It does let you move the boat around, and fish structures like lilypads, rocks, logs, weeds etc. There are 15 different lakes. It is a lot more in-depth and realistic than Flick Fishing. iFishing has been out 2 weeks before Flick Fishing so it's not a new game. This is just an update.

12. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Lite version has been completed and submitted too. Let's hope Apple accepts both quickly.

13. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #13 salsamd, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    I am curious how Bass Fishing Mania, the newcomer, apparently also full-featured fishing game stacks up in comparision...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    this game slays flick flishing. i got this before FF, which everyone said was amazing and i was quite dissapointed with it. ifishing just feels more like a classic fishing game and there is some strategy involved when picking spots. plus the backgrounds are lovely at each fishing spot.

to the dev, where were these pictures taken?

15. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Most of the pics were taken from Lower Buckhorn Lake in Ontario Canada, a lake that I grew up fishing and know very well.

16. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iFishing 1.5 full is now available. The updated lite version is still being approved. This update makes the game even more realistic and has much improved menu graphics, sounds, and boat controls.

To celebrate this update I've put it on sale for $0.99 (regular $2.99). This makes it competive with other fishing games out there. :D

While this version was being approved I've also been working on multiplayer support, so you can play a tournament against another iphone/itouch in your wifi area and see your boats driving around the lake while you fish. I'll be working on some improvements to the lake view graphics before releasing that update.

17. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    rpgguy, im assuming you live near peterborough or bobcaygeon then? im from oshawa and know buckhorn lake well.

18. Hi RPGGuy. You are doing great with this game- forgetting my initial troubles with it all that time ago (long been rectified with instructions and updates), it is still by far my favourite fishing game.
    I just want to know who that guy is in the pics- is it you?

19. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I'm from London. My parents have a cottage on the lake and I went there every summer growing up as a kid. I also rented on Upper Buckhorn for a few years.

20. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Not me. This is me. [​IMG]