White screen on certain Openfeint games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TrueAxis, Aug 25, 2010.

1. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Just looking around the App Store I noticed certain games with Openfeint are showing a white screen on start up.

This is showing up in the reviews including Jet Car Stunts Lite and people are giving low reviews for it, not just our game but others as well.

I notified Openfeint about this and they fixed the problem on their servers.

So if you tried a game before and had this problem, then try again and it should work, and if you marked these games low because of this then do the decent thing :)

2. jasoncitron

jasoncitron Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Founding Craftsman of Hammer & Chisel. Previously
    San Francisco
    Terribly sorry about the trouble the bug caused. If anyone is still experiencing it, a restart of the app should fix it.

Anyway, please show trueaxis your support for, IMO, the best racing game on iOS. And check out the replays on the leaderboards. It's the hottest thing since slice bread!

;-)

3. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I'd support you guys any day ;) JCS rocks.

Didn't have this issue myself, but I'm gonna head over to the AppStore and repost my 5 STAR review with some updated words involving how great this game truly is :D

4. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    At the moment we are waiting for a new update to go through for the paid version of Jet Car Stunts, the lite version got approved on Saturday, to fix this issue.

We had to fix the issue by upgrading to Openfeint 2.6.1 as Openfeint 2.5.1 and 2.5.0 had issues with the rotation of the screen.

We've had no reports of the white screen in the lite version now, thank God!

If any other developers are having problems, which I know a few are, then upgrade to the latest version of Openfeint to fix this issue.

5. O.B.

O.B. New Member

Aug 29, 2010
    i had this same problem with espgaluda ii. the only thing that helped was reinstalling.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How about ditching OF because it's slower and less well designed than Agon, Crystal and Plus+.

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    how could they do that when it actually helped them in their times of Rising!?