Gunner Z (by BitMonster)

07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikilix View Post
Just they're all terrible
Whaaaaaaat??! Have you played even one of them?

Anyway now that I realize, Gunner Z sorta reminds me of Into the Dead. You know, the whole asmospheric vision. I hope it'll have a decent story though, been playing way too many mindless runners lately.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, Minigore 2, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
07-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^but he's right about your post regarding UE3 games.
There are just as many IB clones.

07-23-2013, 08:28 AM
any news on a release date?

Drat!
07-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
any news on a release date?
Nothing solid, but.. "Gunner Z should go live on the App Store this summer. In fact, BitMonster's Lee Perry told Pocket Gamer that it will be available 'very soon indeed'."
07-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksilvo View Post
Nothing solid, but.. "Gunner Z should go live on the App Store this summer. In fact, BitMonster's Lee Perry told Pocket Gamer that it will be available 'very soon indeed'."
thanks

Drat!
07-25-2013, 06:00 PM
This looks to be one of my most anticipated titles. Those rockets and glowing white blood/guts look sick. And from a very talented studio.
08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Say it ain't so Lee Perry..

Bad news first
Quote:
"Just like everything we've done, it's going to be a big learning curve for us because we haven't done microtransaction games before," Perry said. "The ones that were in Lili were entirely optional, and it was never meant to be like a free-to-play game. With Gunner Z, it's very much about this being a learning experience for us in trying to figure out how to make an economy. Honestly, we don't quite know yet whether it's going to be charged for up front or not."

Good news

Quote:
"Perry said BitMonster will test market Gunner Z in some smaller countries for a couple weeks to see how people react to it, and will nail down the details after that."
So, there is a possibility that Gunner Z will be F2P game BUT also it might not..

Full article here: Mobile pricing discouraging, frustrating - Lee Perry

Silly humans and your 4 dimensions. WE have 7...hundred thousandths!!! (:
08-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksilvo View Post
Bad news first

Good news

So, there is a possibility that Gunner Z will be F2P game BUT also it might not..

Full article here: Mobile pricing discouraging, frustrating - Lee Perry
Dunno, from what I read there, it is going to be f2p.

Its very rare that something gets as far as soft launched as f2p and then changes to premium at international launch.
It does happen of course, (i can think of three recent examples) but it tends not to be too successful.
Perry makes a hell of a lot sense in the article, so I am curious to see how this one pans out.
But I think its safe to assume what way it'll go. As long as its balanced to some degree, I won't mind.
08-06-2013, 06:34 PM
That sux! Suddenly, I have lost interest in Gunner Z.

Hope things work out and they use a premium model instead.