06-19-2014, 03:29 AM
#11
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpect3rd View Post
I'm not trolling, first thing that came to anyone's mind was that pp was all pixel art, even the fonts, so i was wondering how could Dodo look similar to a pixel art game.

But anyway, before you want to point it out for me, I know what you are talking about, I went to boot up pp and I saw the same font on the landing screen (which I normally don't actually pay attention to...)

And also, it was already in the app description that this game was "From the brains behind Pixel People comes nine frantic mini-games thatll test your logic...". Can we call it evens that neither of us read before we post?
Sorry mate, it's been a long day.
Loved pixel people and I can't wait to play this game. Can't tell you how many hours I got and still getting out of pixel people, one of the best free to play game I've played.
06-19-2014, 03:32 AM
#12
@ramon31

Cheers. I'm waiting for a review on this game.

============================
Rotapix - Photo Rotation Puzzle | Causality | 7 Pips (NEW)

06-19-2014, 04:57 AM
#13
I can give a small review. Okay, so three rounds per game, nice mini games testing your memory, responses and mathematical thinking skills. Once the rounds are over you get some power up dependant on how well you did. Pretty fun, looks fun IMO, typical things you'd expect in a F2P game like heavy FB pushes but the only true issue is that there's a fairly hard pay/adwall once you get past your first two plays as it costs 3 coins at least per play of three rounds each and you get given 5 to begin with.

I'm not sure if you can earn coins but what I can tell so far you either need to watch ads or pay in to keep playing, really hoping my terrible response times are why and not that there really is no other means to collect currency.
06-19-2014, 05:11 AM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nini View Post
I can give a small review. Okay, so three rounds per game, nice mini games testing your memory, responses and mathematical thinking skills. Once the rounds are over you get some power up dependant on how well you did. Pretty fun, looks fun IMO, typical things you'd expect in a F2P game like heavy FB pushes but the only true issue is that there's a fairly hard pay/adwall once you get past your first two plays as it costs 3 coins at least per play of three rounds each and you get given 5 to begin with.

I'm not sure if you can earn coins but what I can tell so far you either need to watch ads or pay in to keep playing, really hoping my terrible response times are why and not that there really is no other means to collect currency.
I had a collect coin button that appeared for me under the coinbox that allows me to collect coins every 6hrs.
06-19-2014, 05:14 AM
#15
Oh? I think you might have missed some details, I'd played a number of rounds by now, there will always be one game in each category costing free, one game costing 2 and one game costing 3, the random is always 1 coin. The costs seem to switch around. So you can keep playing free games if you keep picking the ones that are free. And coins are earned after every set, albeit a small amount.

EDIT: I'm playing offline though, so i'm not sure if that matters

============================
Rotapix - Photo Rotation Puzzle | Causality | 7 Pips (NEW)

Last edited by unexpect3rd; 06-19-2014 at 05:16 AM.
06-19-2014, 05:44 AM
#16
Hey everyone! I'll be popping in here throughout the day to answer any questions you have about the game. But could you do me a favour and keep them easy? I'm trying to devote all of my brainpower to getting a high score that gives me a cool animal.

By the way, I'm curious, what's the best animal you've all been compared to? Mine's the less than impressive Light Headed Penguin.
06-19-2014, 11:49 AM
#17
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 322
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Hi Patrick.

1/Can we earn each minigame for totally free play via grinding for coins?
2/Are other minigames coming?
06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpect3rd View Post
Oh? I think you might have missed some details, I'd played a number of rounds by now, there will always be one game in each category costing free, one game costing 2 and one game costing 3, the random is always 1 coin. The costs seem to switch around. So you can keep playing free games if you keep picking the ones that are free. And coins are earned after every set, albeit a small amount.

EDIT: I'm playing offline though, so i'm not sure if that matters
Yeah, I assume i've missed something, didn't play for too long but free coins seems good like mentioned though i've never seen a coin after any of the sets. Better play better I guess.
06-25-2014, 04:47 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
Hi Patrick.

1/Can we earn each minigame for totally free play via grinding for coins?
2/Are other minigames coming?

Hey Zendorphin,

1 - Yes, you can. There's always one minigame that you can play for free, so you can always grind if you want to.
2 - Yup, there should be new minigames in the next update. Not sure of the timescale for that just yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do.