F1 Retro, coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Smallthing, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Smallthing

Smallthing Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    #1 Smallthing, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

F1 Retro
    http://www.smallthinggame.com/~preview/f1/F1Retro.jpg

Almost a year of work with one objective: create the most fun and complete game guide in retro style.

- Between 50 RACES RACES, HEAD HEAD, TIME ATTACK, ELIMINATION and other original types as MAD OVERTAKING, CRUSHING THE CHICKEN, BOWLING...

- 24 DIFFERENT TRACKS with various scenary!

- 32 CHARACTERS and CARS with different characteristics!

- ORIGINAL CARS TO UNLOCK: Ufo, F1 60's, ice cream truck, Pigs truck, Italian "Ape", Lupin Fiat 500 ;-) and many others.

- Bonus and obstacles in game: oil, water, nitro, glue ...

- Control system completely reconfigurable.

- ONLINE Leaderboards and ACHIEVEMENTS

- A pure ARCADE in RETRO' STYLE GRAPHIC!

- Supports all formats iOs, older and recent (iPhone 5 screen, iPad Retina screen).

In the nexts weeks we announce the release date.

------------------------

Hi guys! Thanks very much for your comments: for us is very important to make the best and improved the game now in work!

Some info about your comment:

the game gfx is very real retro: we have created it in pixel art, like the old game. Different to RetroRacing.
    Our base ispiration is not RetroRacing, but the old F1 Dream (Capcom Coinop): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD_BDc8OOlM

the control in the pics are one of the possible configuration in the options. In this new pic you can see on of the other control configuration.

F1 Retro have a very huge different tournament, some standard like race, time attack, overtake ecc... or mad like Chicke Crush and other...

Thanks again for your comments!

Massy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Black Ops

Black Ops Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    This reminds me of a Namco(I think) arcade game where 4 people could drive at once. If someone got offscreen they would teleport back up near leaders to keep everyone on the one screen. Also the intellivision racing game with better graphics.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
  4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm, those screenshots with the graphics (and control buttons) do look very similar to Retro Racing.

I mean the left/right/accelerate are practically the same ?

(Does look good though !)

5. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    Propose for us :)

Hi guys have some idea, advise, madness to propose for our game F1 Retro?

We work hard .... and we want to create the best game of genre... now have spent about 11 months of work to create: many game mode, different cars, special cars to unlocked, different tracks... etc etc...

6. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Looks awesome! Must buy for me:)

7. derkoi

derkoi Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Game Developer
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Just like Retro Racing.

[​IMG]

8. Black Ops

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Hmm, I thought it resembled something much older but seeing that Retro Racing App it does look like a straight clone.
    Clone might be being a bit kind in describing the resemblance....

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I don't see it.
    All I can see is they copied the controls

10. Black Ops

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Obviously since I replied first before ever knowing of the previous game I like the look of it, but.....

The cars are real close. I realize it is a class of cars, but maybe would have been better to do for nascar, truck, british touring car or muscle cars instead just to avoid looking like a clone?

Aside from controls, look at the car place timer and place/total cars info at top of screen, it is almost identical save for a pause button.

I do like the fact they have gradient corners instead of polygonal. And it does seem to be a very nice graphical face lift from retro racing, but you have to admit there are some "similarities".

I think if you asked 100 people with no knowledge of either game if they looked similar, at least half are saying yes.

Maybe its meant to be an homage to that game and the tracks are named after the retro racing designers as a tip of the cap.

11. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    #11 Smallthing, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  12. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Any chances to play it in landscape? I hate the portrait mode... :(

13. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    Protrait...

I thanks for your tips... at moment you can play only in protrait... but we evaluated the possibilities to insert the landscape options. Thanks!

14. ombaudsman

ombaudsman Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    The copyright freaks! I don't really care if they might have copied the control buttons from retro racing...
    I'm a huge fan of those kind of games. Since F1 Spirit (MSX), Supercars (Amiga), Nitro (Amiga), Roadkill (Amiga, one of the best I ever played), Death Rally (the original DOS game) and so on. On the iOS, I really like Mini Motor Racing.

Some suggestions:
    1) Copy the touch controls of mini motor racing. Way better than anything else out there.
    2) Include a score board for best lap times for all tracks.
    3) Don't use IN-APP purchases too much. I really HATE those!
    4) Maybe you can add the best f1 driver of all times: A.Senna (or G.Ceara like in Monaco GP!)

Congrats... It's a one-man production? Have you bought the graphics, draw those by yourself,...?

15. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi thanks for your tips!

1) We love it; for us one of the most playable gome of this genre; right we check it, good ideas.

2) Yes, yet ready in the game! And you ready to start the race, can see the best world time record of the tracks.

3) The game is complete with continue new update (mission, tracks and cars) only for a base cost. No in App.

4)Good ideas!

Thanks fo all.
    We are a little company (2 persons, coder and gfx design) and we love to create a little product-treasure :)
    check it:
    www.smallthinggame.com

16. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Thank you for you answer... :)

17. Black Ops

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Where are you in Italy? I spent a month traveling about Italy last year. I miss coccoli and stracchino cheese so much....we dont have either here in USA. Oh and cicchetti in Venice. Narbone sandwich in Florence. Vivoli gelato.
    I might have to go book a flight....

18. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi B.Ops!
    Our company is in Florence... yes the food here in Italy mix the the magic, love and tradition. Eehehe cicchetti in Venice is the top: my wife come to Venice :).

If you back in Italy, tell me we can suggest some places :)

ps Why Black Ops, you work in Call of Duty staff?

19. Black Ops

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    No relation to CoD. I had my company name Black Ops Marketing before they made any of the Black Op Games.

I hope to get back to Italy this year so you can tell me the best place in town for Bestica Fiorentine the way your Nonna made it! Then I will beat you on that Ferrari F-40 simulator in that arcade on Via Nationale(I think?) before I beat you on your app.

20. Smallthing

Aug 31, 2012
    we're almost done!

We are at 90% of the development!

Finally, we are in tuning and setting, our goal:
    make the best game of this genre!

In June, we will present the game to the press and we will launch the final version for all devices Android and IOS, during June (at last at the beginning of July)

Latest features:

> 18 diffrents tracks

> 25 differents drivers/cars (differents playabilty and capacity)

> Drivers: Historical, legends or atypical characters, like:
    Elvis, M.Jordan, Shumacher, Alonso, Vettel, Nuvolari, Zombie, Old Ancle etc.

> 50 missions between RACE, TIME ATTACK, ENDURANCE, HEAD vs HEAD, BREAKS CONES, HUNT THE CHICKENS ...

> Retro Graphics with attention to detail like "pixel" effects, bonus, oil and water on the track, smoke, stripes on the asphalt, grass raised, option to activate or not the OLD TV MODE (with scanlines and the reflection curved), etc...

> World Leaderbords Lap records

> Achievements

> Driver and track to unlock!

this is just a small overview of the game content.

NO IN APP, FREE UPDATES!

Stay tuned

Thank you for all your support!

Smallthing Staff

web
    www.smallthinggame.com

blog
    http://smallthinggame.blogspot.com/