Games related to rogue planet

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by finke7, Nov 28, 2009.

1. finke7

finke7 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I got it and I love it. Are there any games like it (mainly the gameplay)that I should get? Command and conquer? Anything?
    Thanks

2. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Rogue Planet is a TBS, similar games would be Mecho Wars and UniWar. I'd recommend them both, Mecho Wars recently got an update that allows multiplayer. If you're also looking for RTSs, I'd recommend Red Alert and Robocalypse.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, Masmo beat me to it, but I was also going to say Mecho Wars and UniWar. If you don't mind getting a gba or ds game, check out the Advance Wars series. Best turn-based strategy series out there. If you want something more character-based, check out Fire Emblem. All are very good games, and if you have the money I'd say check out Mecho Wars for the online. It's just not as in-depth as Rogue Planet is. RP has to be the best TBS in the Appstore right now.

4. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Don't forget War Generation

5. cronos_qc

cronos_qc Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Is there any people here who have played Uniwar, and how does the a.i. (of uniwar) compare to Rogue Planet?

thanks

6. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

The difficulty in UniWar is much higher than Rogue Planet. If you breezed through RP without repeating any levels, then get UniWar. UniWar has much simpler graphics, and no animations at all (units simply "teleport" to their destination); it also has heavy lag in single player mode due to the poor engine the game uses to calculate AI moves.
    Mecho Wars is simpler than UniWar but still much harder than Rogue Planet. I think Mecho Wars is the best out of the three.
    If you want to change theme, RTK Touch is the best TBS game in the store. It is the most challenging, complex, and replayable game out of the four mentioned. The only downside is that some people find it a bit too complex and challenging, and it also requires some historical knowledge as it's a historical simulation.

7. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    They are both easy.

But uniwar has nice multiplayer. I think the hex grid is nice too. Though Rogue Planet is prettier - and the Quick Play rocks. Have you gone through the ton of missions on Quick Play? - that's something to do after beating the story.

8. nlx

nlx Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Personaly i just bought Rogue Planet and my first thoght is thats its borring, its too long, the maps are easy cluttered by tons of units and start too look like a tower defender game… The graphics are nice btw.

Concerning Mecho Wars, bought it too, and i think it was even more borring and too easy and the graphics are, well, bizarre.

In fact i found nothing close to UNIWAR.

But if someone know a game that is better than UniWar, i'm all open to try it.

9. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Did i mention War Generation?

10. nlx

nlx Member

Apr 19, 2009
    awwww thats smell good…

do you think i should buy it ?

11. nlx

nlx Member

Apr 19, 2009
    no online game ???

but the whole interest is online game !

12. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Reign of Swords is also a TBS.

13. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Also I'd reccommend Battle for Wesnoth.

14. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Same here. It's AI is quite good, and on the harder difficulty levels you'll be facing a serious challenge. I breezed through Uniwar and Mechowars.

15. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    + 1 complete Rouge planet close to 20hrs, BfW promise 300 hours gameplay you can't beat

16. grelb

grelb Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    New Zealand
    Advanced Wars style TBSs

Ok - i've been doing a bit of research on Advance Wars type games.

There are a few threads on the same topic
    (Cross posted this in each of these)

34790 (this one)

From what I can gather there are quite a few games
    (Prices are in NZ dollars - so drop them a bit for $US)

Uniwar $1.29
    Mecho wars $1.29
    Rogue Planet $6.49
    Battle for Wesnoth $5.30
    Battle Academy iPad only. $24.99
    War of eustrath ipad only. $4.19 ($6.49 iPad)
    Great little war game $2.99
    Armament 2028 $2.59
    War3100 0.99c
    Transformers G1 Awakening $1.29
    War Generation not available in New Zealand store?!
    Agile Forces - in development

I'm sure there are more. reply with any others and I'll update this post.

I havent tried them all, but:
    Mecho Wars was good and pretty straight forward, but does not have many features or unit types.
    Uniwars seems to be very impressive, smooth and it has lots of modes. 3 races and online rankings.
    I was not very happy with War 3100. It seemed unintuitive and hard to control. But I gave up playing that after the 4th mission.
    I can't comment too much on the others, I've only tried a few of them.
    Anyone care to rate these with respect to each other?

Cheers
    Simon