Universal The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2012.

1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Judging from the list of games in your sig (all of which I own and have played), you should be used to that. ;)

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, the only bug I experienced in the game was not having access to any items other than the batarang. After installing the update it still doesn't work. :(

3. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    #603 callmericardo, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Lol. At least you have to aim in those games.

4. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How far are you in story? Mine were also greyed out untill I completed like 10'missions, then suddenly I could use them.

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've finished the story and probably played the game even longer in free-roaming mode. I get on just fine with the batarangs though, so I'm not too concerned.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    iPad would be the best choice. I also have on both but it's primarily iPad that I play most.
    Generally just play free roam on iPhone and campaign on iPad.
    Unfortunately, the rest of your questions are things that confuse me as well so can't answer them 100% for definite.
    But I bought the premium pack that gives you extra xp and credits in the game. It only boosts in game stuff that you earn from the fights, it doesn't boost any iap credits that you buy.
    The achievement you talk about is just in relation to actually buying the tech pack. There is no other way to get this achievement other than purchasing the tech pack. Bit of an iap trick basically.
    The "any purchases made here will have a permanent bonus effect" thing I think only relates to the tech packs for xp and bonus credits from in game battles. It doesn't relate to the buying of iap credits.
    I hope that helps or that I was clear on it. Some of that iap and credits stuff can be a bit tricky.

7. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Do mean in terms of bugs or general gameplay? Haven't actually played either of these games yet. Backstab, I may never bother with, but I am waiting for this one to go on sale before trying it out. I can't, in good conscience, give Gameloft $7 of my money for one of their games. They're simply not worthy and probably never will be.

8. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    #608 callmericardo, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    The combat is kinda repetitive. Shame cause the presentation is phenomenal.

9. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    GL just released an update. New Icon and apparently 'minor bug fixes'.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    New icon looks rather bland to me.

11. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    New update caused gameplay to be sluggish on on my 4S. I'm done with it anyways though. Nothing left to do and maxed out everything. :(

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is set to come out in Lebanon (among other countries tomorrow), naturally with the release of the movie.

That said, I'm sorry...but that is a really silly business move. Sure, people who aren't as into the iOS scene as me will probably buy this the second they're done watching the movie...but over the last 3 or so weeks, not only has my general excitement for the game gone down day by day, but none of the reviews for it have been stellar. Thanks Gameloft, but I'll pick this up when it hits $0.99. :)

13. Provix

Provix Member

Aug 5, 2012
    game looks great.
    but after 30min its boring to play.
    style and look is realy nice but gameplay is sooooo boring.

one of lamest gameloft games i did play

14. STC

STC New Member

Aug 24, 2012

I'm in the same boat as last_veral. I've tried different orders and I still cant not get the lil button to break the window on the top floor.

Also w/ mine game, whenever I start the level after exiting the game the colors are always washed out. I have to restart the level to get the correct colors.

Pls help w/ the order. What do I do w/ the green panels w/ the stun charges set?

15. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    You are kidding me right?
    When I saw the first cut scene without moving lips I instantly decided not to buy it.
    Especially because the graphics look so good in general it makes dialog between characters all the more awkward to watch. You just see them stand there without any emotion or expression and yet they are conversing like there is no tomorrow.
    Absolutely makes zero sense to me. :confused:

16. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    I mean the open world.

17. STC

STC New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Someone must know?

18. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The green panels you set stun charges on are pretty much optional, I think. It's just a trap for if you get caught by the cameras. On this level I did that after completing the mission but before leaving the island.

I beat this today. I enjoyed it, but it kind of got underwhelming near the end, like they ran out of time to make new content and just started padding with recycled stuff.

19. Donald

Donald Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    This action game is superb. I like the each movement and speed.

20. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    For .99 ill bite. I'm sure ill play for an hour and delete it though.