Universal Mutant Mudds - (by Renegade Kid)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, that sounds like something I will never ever do, if we are talking about the whole game!

Am very curious about that ending 4, though! :p

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    In case anyone is wondering... You cant complete the game with Granny on the no checkpoints game and get the #4 ending...

I was just making sure before going back through all the stages with the regular character. ATM, I've completed 1-1 through 3-1 with no checkpoints... The last two stages are gonna be a pain for me... But if I do manage to do it, illlet you guys know if it unlocks ending 4

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    DAMN THOSE DISAPPEARING PLATFORMS.

:p

Freakin' love this game, though. The more I play the more I fall in love. And I'm only on level 1-3! :p

4. What? That's the same as me, thought you played the game alot more!

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Actually, I'm on 2-3 now. :p

However, I was finishing up Storm In A Teacup, so I was playing MM in short spurts, but now I'm done with SIAT, so... FULL SPEAD AHEAD ON MM.

Sort of nooby question: is it possible to reach all the hidden levels without any power-ups? 'Cause some of those doors look pretty far away, don't think it's possible to jump that far without power-ups...

6. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    As far as I can remember only 2 secret stages are accessible without powers, in 1-1 and 1-2. Every other secret stage needs a power up (or 2 ;)) to reach it. Good luck and have fun!

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Awesome, that's what I thought. Thanks!

8. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Damn, I've been neglecting my ios games lately because I just got a 3DS, just found out this was ported after 100%ing this a few days ago. This game is so exceptional I had to buy it for my iphone too and play it again. It definitely helps to have checkpoints unlike the original and I love the challenges of getting all achievements. How does everyone know that there are multiple endings? My gamecenter only shows 10 out of 23 achievements?

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Once you complete sections of the game, the achievements will unlock and become un-hidden... saying "Achieve Ending 1" - "Achieve Ending 6" or something to that effect...

10. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Thanks Andy C83, just checked this out and it's awesome!

11. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    No worries, mate. I'm glad that you like it!

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Well I'm glad to see at least some people like this game a lot. I bought it and played for probably 6 hours on my 3DS, and I just... don't like it much. The 3D was the only thing I enjoyed, and now that it's on a device that lacks said 3D, I really don't see the point in playing it haha.

I understand the point of its creation, and I respect it from that perspective, but from a fun standpoint I fail to see it hold much water in that department. It was fun for the first hour, but... ehh... I don't know.

It's frustrating because I was really looking forward to this game. A classic 8-bit platformer that's a love letter to retro fans, made by retro fans? Heck yeah! Unfortunately it just didn't live up to that novelty for me.

:( Oh well.

Like I said, I'm glad it seems at least some people enjoy it :) I'm definitely in the minority :cool:

13. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    BLASPHEMER!

Haha, only kidding. Different strokes for different folks, and all that. ;)

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I have to say I've been enjoying this one. That being said, I'm mostly in it to play through, not 100% everything or shoot for low times. The slow pace is fine.

The 3D 'effect' is pretty well used and I like the perspective. What I don't like is that the game immediately (and repeatedly) makes you perform perfect jump-hover to get around, which becomes tedious quickly. Reminds me of the dash-jump in Half Life, which was cool to have to pull off the first couple of times, but when you had to do it all the time in the later levels... ugh.

I'm not a huge fan of platformers on iOS due to touch screen controls, but this one plays well, and the overall look/feel of the game is great. Easily worth the buck.

15. Yeah, ninjackid, thanks for the recommend.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    No problem-o! Glad you like it! :D

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Great platformer. The difficulty isn't as bad as I expected (up to 2-2), and the controls are spot on. The pacing feels slower to me (which is what I prefer for difficult platformers), which gives you time to plan out difficult moves. The art and music is great. I'm looking forward to playing more of this game. Thanks to everyone who convinced me to pick this up! :)

18. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    #138 touchchamp, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    Edit:
    Has anyone confirmed how to get ending 4? And even still that would total 20 of 23 achievements. What would the last three be then? I have Secret Ending 1,2,3,5,6 and that only totals 19 achievements so far. What am I missing? I hate hidden achievements.

19. ashwyn7

ashwyn7 Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I fell cheated after buying this game, I don't know whom to blame !!! I cannot understand if it is Apple's or the developers fault.

The price of this game shows 55 Indian Rupees in India. I purchase it, and received an SMS that Rs.55 had been debited from my Account, but just 2 minutes later I was shocked to get one more SMS stating once again that Rs.55 has been again debited from my Account. I only purchased this one game, I do not know why I have been charged 2 times for one game. Because of this I lost my Rs.55 which I could have used to buy another game.

After this I am afraid to purchase anything from iTunes, because I don't know what I may be charged.

This is the very reason many of my friends avoid purchasing from iTunes Store, and prefer to Jailbreak and get apps.

I just feel cheated. I am sorry that I am writing these things over here but can you guys please help me or is it possible for me to recover that amount or use it to get another Rs.55 game instead ? Please help me, thanks....

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

Weakest excuse for jail breaking and stealing...

Check ur purchase history to see what you were charged for... If you were charged twice for one purchase, you can contact apple and get the 55 whatever credited to your account.