Mission Europa: A futuristic RPG by the maker of Necromancer Rising (3D,FPS,RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Somerandomdude, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #1 Somerandomdude, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    Ryan Mitchell, creator of Necromancer Rising has been working on his latest title, Mission Europa, for quite some time. It went into the alpha stage in late May/early June, and is extremely close to reaching beta stages. From what I understand, there are currently spots open for the beta, and almost anyone can apply. Progress is always updated at his blog at ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com.

In the meantime, here's some newer videos:

2. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    kind of reminds me of system shock.... omg yes.

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah dude that's what I thought when I first saw it... can't wait for the first build... I know the dev after testing Necromancer (which should be out sometime soon...) so I hope I get to test this one too... The build shouldn't be too far off after talking with him on youtube.

4. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Nice! Will be keeping an eye and a half out for this! :D

5. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I am not a fan of dual stick controls... any chance of single stick and swipe?

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    omg my friend worked on system shock! now he works on rockband/beatles, etc lol

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hmm... that's a pretty good idea! The game always kind of on a 2d plane a bit, sort of like if Doom had full 3d graphics... and turned into an RPG. I'll talk to him and see if we can get that in. He's good about listening to feedback as far as I've seen and a really good guy to work with, so if it would work, it'll be in.

8. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    bump

BUMP!
    I had to bump this up because this is the kind of RPG we've been waiting for. too bad ravensword didn't live up

9. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    this looks interesting cant wait for it to come out. aint it out yet. lol

chris.

10. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    It looks great, reminds me old good Infernal, Mass Effect or latest Necrovision.

I am definately up to buy it, whenever it comes out.

Keep up great work,

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hey guys.

I just sent the dev a message on YouTube, so I'll probably get a response back too. Last we talked was a week or two before Christmas, and it sounded like he had a bit of ground to cover before beta stages. I'll let you guys know when he needs testers. If it's like Necromancer (which is still in review...) he'll have spaces for plenty of testers, so I'll let you guys know when if he wants me to.

12. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

I do hope Necromancer Rising gets approved, this looks great by the way.

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dude... that game was submitted in September of last year... I don't see why it's not out yet... no objectionable content whatsoever.

And yeah, I really can't wait to play this one... looks awesome.

14. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Looks neat.

Sometimes I want to shoot Apple, if only because I love them.

15. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I just talked to the dev.

He said that it's on tier (or level in the game) 1 of 5. He also said that since Necromancer isn't bringing in the money because of Apple's submission thing (gahhh....) it's going to be less of a priority. So it won't be as big of a priority as Necromancer. He also has another thing called Banshee Software if I'm correct that has smaller iPhone games, like Slingers.

So it'll probably be a bit before it hits beta stages.

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dang that looks pretty good. Although having all those buttons for weapons doesn't seem like it would work well. Reminded me of a cross between fallout 3 and star wars KOTOR...yeah not sure why.
    A game in review for a few months is absurd. If they keep it up I'd (if i was the dev) consider doing baaad stuff to apple. Not sure if it's possible to sue for this kind of stuff :p...
    But this looks really good although the numbers showing the hit count are kinda unusual, I'd prefer a health bar. But why am I already bashing the game based on vids of a week of work? Good luck to the dev, I'll be stalking this thread for beta testing information.

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, it's getting to be really ridiculous. According to him he's had another game in submission for months... this isn't the only one.

And don't worry, it'll work. It's the same thing as Necromancer, which after some tweaking during the beta process, ended up working fine. It's an RPG, not a regular FPS like NOVA and Sandstorm, so you have more time to pick what kind of attack you want and hit the necessary button.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's actually very strange that Necromancer is still in review. Recently there have been many, many super-fast approvals -- 12 hours or less -- and it seems like Apple is finally getting a handle on the process. Can't image what's the problem.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It must be a leftover from when the approval system was a ball of crap. I think it was submitted back then, and it must just be stuck. Idk man, it's really confusing, considering the speed at which Super Ramen BROTHers was released...

20. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    If you've read his blog you'll know that it's cause he put some anti-piracy software in the game and apple didn't notify him it didn't start up on their iphones because of it leaving him hanging. also the game is very large subjecting it to have to be searched more thoroughly for any "easter eggs"