iPad Tower of Fortune - (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 29, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Here's my stats and Ive been playing for a couple of weeks on and off.
    Busy saving up to unlock the halo. I just keep killing the enemy's in the bottom 3 or 4 locations.

[​IMG]

2. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    When you level up, you can pay gold to reset the 3 options available. So I usually pay until +1 ATK, +1 Def, or hopefully (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 LUK) appears. I use the sword which gives 50% chance to attack twice, which seems the best to me of the options, based on no mathematical analysis whatsoever. You don't need to keep beating the bosses, you can just exit with the button in the lower right. Once you get all the equipment, the only thing a boss will drop anyway is one of the keys, which you should have plenty of by the time you can afford to unlock the last area.

3. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The +1 to all is usually what I go for. I've got 3 keys and as of now, am trying to figure out what sword yields the best results. I'm using one that does -2 def to my target each time I hit, but what I'm not sure on is if that -2 keeps stacking. So lets say I hit them 10 times over 10 moves, they'll be -20 def when I hit them an 11th time... Dunno, as much as I like this game, there is a little more "unknown" than I'm used to in these types of games.

Have you found any sure fire ways to get rolls you want? Some games, like Super Mario Bros 2, have a slot that you can literally time based on what you see and press the stop button to yield what you want. I can't find that in this game. For example, in SMB 2, lets say I wanted a star, i'd press the stop button when I see the start and I'll get it 95% of the time. I've tried it in this game but no dice, even trying variations, like pressing when I see Coin or XP to yield a Sword... Make sense?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    I think the way it works is there's a set rotation of symbols, so you *can* manipulate it by timing your press. The reason your method might not be working for you, is there's a set pattern for every fight or bar visit, but it changes for each one. Just guessing, it looks like it's about 20-30 symbols long, and repeats in a loop. Once you finish the encounter and go into the next one, it'll be a different string of 20-30 symbols.

e.g., if you see 3 skulls in a row followed by 10 non-skulls, you can reliably get a good result by stopping when you see those 3 skulls come up.

I could be wrong, but everything I've seen in the game so far leads me to believe this is how the mechanics work.

5. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I did not find a "sure" way to get the rolls that I want, but I did find that I was able to duplicate the first reel at will about 75% of the time with a quick rhythmic tap - start the reel and press stop about a 1/2 second later. Experiment with it and you may be able to find a rhythm of your own. On the second halo boss, for example, I was able to get a 5x attack combo with this method, defeating him pretty quickly and easily.

6. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Just finished the third and finale ending. My final stats were:

Level: 27
    HP: 70
    Attack: 18
    Defense: 10
    Luck: 27

The Wind Dancer sword (chance to attack twice) is by far the best, especially considering one of the final bosses has nearly 300 HP.

Anyhoo, fun little game for the few days I played it. Cheers!

7. ckhapa

ckhapa Member

Sep 1, 2009
    I just want to reiterate that the cap for luck is 60. I got beyond the cap with level up choices and was going to point it out on this thread, but at soon as I got a "kiss" in the bar it went back to 60.

Are all the folks that beat the game using iap? I an level 38, have 16 keys, and am not close to opening the last stage.

8. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    No, I didn't find it necessary. Your level is high enough that you should be able to pass the last bosses easily - I was at level 34. You just need to get enough gold to open all the gates - you don't even need to play through them.

I hope they add more endings in a future update so I can pick this game back up.

9. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm level 34 and don't even have half the gold needed to open the halo.

Did you get a lot of lucky cash rolls after the fight, retro?

10. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Because the cash rolls are scum theft or reward only they were hit or miss, meaning I couldn't use the rhythm method to advantage as in the fights. However, over time the rewards seemed to balance each other out. I would say that at least every six cash rolls ended in a scum fight which pays out 250-1000g each time. Also I kept a steady supple of 5 max limit potions to take on level bosses whenever I could because they posses higher gold possibilities during cash rolls - gems, crystals and such. The Mystic Pet is also a good backup in a bind if you need money for the tavern. It appears frequently and pays up to 200 gold each time.

11. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    There's actually no rhyme or reason to when you click the "Stop Spin" button. The results are randomly determined. I know this because I've looked through the code on my Jailbroken iPhone. Basically for the Loot Spins (or Chest Spins as the code calls them), each of the 3-4 results have a relative chance to appear.

Coin might have a value of 10. Gem would have 5. And Wanted will have 3. If you change the Wanted value to 50 (for example) you'll get the Wanted result nearly every time.

Personally I beat the game by modifying the amount of Gold the Scum bosses dropped by modifying the .plist contained within the .app using iFile from Cydia. Added an extra 0, so Scum Jr. gives 2,500 Gold instead of 250 Gold in my game.

Once you have money, the game becomes a bit easier but still challenging because the end bosses WILL hit you for 50+ damage quite regularly.

Anyhoo...

12. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Interesting. The ability to repeat the first reel seemed too consistent to be produced from completely randomized spins. I guess I just got lucky ... frequently.

13. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Still enjoying this game. Hope for an update that adds more loots and levels.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. :D

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Fun game! I love the art style of this. This is the perfect pick up and play game..especially standing in grocery line or lines at Costco. =P

Looking forward to more items for possible future updates.

16. lamelisation

lamelisation New Member

May 8, 2012
    I also believe there is no timing. However, it is clear that you can increased your chance by analyzing the full sequence of 20/30 symbols, locating the where your desired symbols have the highest frequency (e.g. 3 books in a row) and trying to stop the reel 3/4 symbols before this sequence of symbols re-appears.

It works very well for swords and books, since they do have regularly some sequences in which they appear a lot.

Coins are not so trivial. They usually appear quite alone. This obviously explains why a combo 3 of coins has a high reward.

As an example, using this method, I beat a Great Reaper of 2800 hp with my 90 hp hero, simply because in 5 successive symbols, I got sword-sword-sword-skull-sword. The chance to obtain a sword by stopping 3/4 symbols before the sequence was reappearing was definitely high and well controlled, allowing me a combo 6 with a lot of damage^^

Note that with this pseudo-control, I am able to get the wanted guy during the reward about 75% :)

This game is really well thought.

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nice--new update out with loot tweaks, new gear, and music options.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Loving the new update. Seems to but balanced a bit better.
    More money for higher level battles.
    The new rage mode animations are nice too and some new items in the shop and some new boss loot.

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Also love the new update! Love more items and the new fury attacks.. Now just to grind to unlock the last 2areas.

20. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    What's the replayabilty? How many hours in the game? Any survival?