RIP David Bowie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Dec 19, 2015.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #1 JBRUU, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
    Note: This thread was referring to a hoax about Bowie dying a few weeks ago, but as of the 11th of January 2016, David Bowie has actually passed away. *sigh*

Ziggy returns to stardust :(

[​IMG]

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #2 squarezero, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
  4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #4 JBRUU, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Delete

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    What a shame. I had no idea he was still alive.

6. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    :( Now it seems it's for real (I'm legitimately crying right now)
    https://www.facebook.com/davidbowie/posts/10153176666977665

7. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    now my previous post from before he died looks in bad taste. Proper shame though. At his height he was and always will be a legend. Always loved Low.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Holy crap I thought this was a joke. I'm shocked!

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #9 JBRUU, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Delete

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Me too. I created my own little playlist and have just been listening :(

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #11 Dailon80, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    I was about to put up the thread glad someone beat me to it. We lost an immortal rock god! Love Bowie he influenced every lyric and guitar chord I strummed from Space Oddity to Rebel Rebel it was all good of course his many many other great songs some that never got play. I was just a little kid when I heard rebel rebel for the first time and i would go nuts when it came on my radio. That was a grab the broomstick guitar song for sure! He will be missed and the world is not as strange today and that's not a good thing.
    My daughter is 15 and about three years ago she downloaded her first song of iTunes and it was David Bowie changes I knew then I had raised her right! That's the first song I listened to this morning when I awoke to the sad news.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    David has been singing to me and touching my heart for most of my life. Many many years ago I was setting up my first AOL account and it prompted me for a username. I had never had one before. The song playing in my apartment was Cygnet Committee. My favorite song at the time was Seven.

This is hard to accept. You will be missed and remembered.

13. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Man, Blackstar is fantastic from start to finish. Really, really sad but as close to perfection as I've seen or heard in my lifetime.

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Sad day

Already told the wife we will have a tribute to Bowie tonight and watch The Labyrinth. It was my favorite movie growing up and still is my favorite movie at 32. I wore out the VHS and bought the collector's edition of The Labyrinth and Dark Crystal on DVD when it released. Now I get to share my best movie with my 2 little kiddos.

R.I.P Jareth, The Goblin King

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    What a total drag that he is gone for real now. Never forget seeing him in the 70's in the good ol' days! Also saw him twice later in the 80's at the Forum here in L.A. Fantastic catalogue of music! And here his new album comes out this week! Strangely, a jazz album! Well, I guess not so strange. At 69, other artists like Rod Stewart, Barry Manilow, even Bob Dylan tinkered with oldies and completely different stuff than they were known for. On the new album, his voice sounds as good as ever, though he seems to be making odd sounds. DAMN that frikkin' cancer! Takes no prisoners and kicks your ass!! I s'pose if there wasn't so much money to be made just treating it, maybe someone would come up with a real cure and we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Who knows what the future holds.
    Rest in peace, Dave. Sadly, I'm crying as I write this. I am definitely a fan! We've lost another legend........#

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Cancer is killing off a whole generation before our eyes. I have a disease there is no cure for chrohns disease and I do believe some diseases could be cured if enough people cared. Look at the cancer research organizations and see how much of that money actually goes to research, it's a money grab.
    My medicine would be 300$ a month non generics only if I took it but since there is no cure why take it as its prolly a placebo anyway. That 300$ would
    Be when it's bad cuz w chrohns it's some days and months are better than others.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

Slip Away always spoke to me on a personal level about the passage of time, but I feel it's all too relevant now as well. I'm still in shock. I'm a few months removed from 20, but Bowie has been so immensely influential throughout my late teens and singlehandedly introduced me to so many genres and eras. That Ozzy outlived him is ludicrous.

I'm beyond crushed that I'll never be able to see him live. Stardust to stardust, David; you left us so much.

[​IMG]

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    "Slip Away always spoke to me on a personal level about the passage of time, but I feel it's all too relevant now as well. I'm still in shock. I'm a few months removed from 20, but Bowie has been so immensely influential throughout my late teens and singlehandedly introduced me to so many genres and eras. That Ozzy outlived him is ludicrous.

I'm beyond crushed that I'll never be able to see him live. Stardust to stardust, David; you left us so much."

Good music and I'm sure you have good taste :)
    I forgot he was involved with Iggy Pop. No lie when I was 16 I got on stage with Iggy Pop. One of my highlights in my life. I had to fight a security guard to get to him but he loved it and he kept me on stage and invited 10 more people on stage and said f the security. He then played wild child.