Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Its supposed to, but its hasn't done it yet on my devices. There is a system in place but testing that on a large scale could be part of the three stores soft release.
    It seems to have a mechanism that is tied to your gamecenter account but closer to what they had in RR2. It is called cloudcell which is more or less the same system as RR2 and not specifically iCloud.

2. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Don't be afraid to use the brakes and slow down. Brakes are the key, especially when it's automatic acceleration. Keeping your position on the road is important, rather than keeping your speed. Totally different, but far more realistic experience, compared to most racing games

Now, I haven't actually played the game, but I'm assuming that's still valid

3. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    i'm just waiting for EA to pull the game out from the AppStore, to make some adjustments.:D:D:D

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Lol

I think keep a close eye on you wallet is the best tip you could give

5. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I don't want to play this on iPod touch.. I gotta wait until tomorrow.. Dammit.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Loving the realistic car damage and consistent texture quality...

[​IMG]

7. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I'm alright with whatever they use as long as they use something. The system from rr2 worked well enuf. If possible, could u update as u learn more and see it work. Givin the freemium nature this will be a bigger deal then before. Curious to know if it just syncs progress or if it'll sync currency as well, especially the Iap gold.

Thanks

8. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Lmao, true

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    To further emphasise, and assuming the game plays similarly to real life physics, the fastest you can drive is usually right on the limits of your grip. Learn the car, find out exactly which point makes you drift, then creep right up to it on every corner but never cross it.

Unless you're on dirt, then drifting is inevitable and there are a whole new set of rules to play by.

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So where are the NZ iPad 4 owners with the impressive screenshots? So far it's all iPod 4 screens.

11. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    It costs 25cent to respray your car. That's way cheaper than real life, what's everybody complaining about

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The problem is, game development is a business, and the customer pool on mobile right now is terrible when it comes to spending money. Jared and I just got back from this press event with Paradox Interactive, who make these remarkably in-depth "Grand Strategy" games that are developed almost exclusively with their community of players in mind. Their big titles only really even ship a quarter of a million units too.

How do they get away with this? They have a ridiculous attachment rate, in that greater than 80% of the people who buy the initial $40 game will then go on and also purchase the $200 worth of DLC during the game's lifecycle over the next year or two, then repeat that all again with the next title they release.

In an ideal world, I'm sure mobile developers would love to operate like Paradox in having this highly intimate connection with their players, and deliver exactly what they want on the schedule that they want it. Unfortunately, as mobile gamers, we don't hold up our end of the deal in financing these studios with our dollars to make something like that even remotely realistic.

Instead, we have these great developers who are incredibly active in our community and we collectively scoff at them when they have the gall to ask for money for their game... And at the end of the day, I can't blame developers for shifting to the free to play world as the reality of the situation is, regardless of how idealistic of a game designer you are, you still need to pay your rent.

The best way to do that right now is freemium.

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    What Eli said, you can't draw in business if you build a wall around your product. Everybody likes free, at least more people than those that prefer paying a premium price. If you want to maximize profits you need more potential spenders, and a free entry is the best way. Especially considering the cheapness of a lot of people on iOS gaming.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yup

Wait are there dirt tracks??

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Once it starts to work for me I'll let you know.
    Achievements are showing up in gamecenter so I would think the sync will eventually transfer.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    HAHA wow, to service my focus RS, a beginner car, takes 6 hours 19 minutes or 11 coins, lol.

Repairs only take 10% of that time, the problem with service is that no matter how clean you drive you have to do this after a while especially the oil change, that alone is 15 minutes or 1 coin.

Good thing I am at work for 4 hours soon :p

17. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    There's also the crazy potential is launched in limited markets a week early so they could make balance changes to the IAP?

18. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    just try and change the time settings on your iPhone...that'll work! ;)

19. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    OMG really? :p

20. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I didn't find it in my Canadian App Store! False alarm TA :(

I guess later today probably...