iPad Plants vs Zombies (by Popcap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Anyone with a 4th gen iPod touch actually getting this game to run now? It won't even load for me (or hubby, or several friends) after updating to the latest version, not even after a cold boot. Tried delete & reinstall, but nothing works. :(

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I really just wish there were better instructions. I have two plants but don't really know where to go from here. Any chance someone could give me a kick in the right direction so I can get those extra game modes?

3. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Its alot easier now. Crazy Dave sells gifts that will give you the plant you are missing. Look in his shop.

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    So I got my night garden for my shrooms, and now I just got an aquatic plant, so I'll save up for an aquarium garden now.

Any suggestions on what I should buy after the aquarium? Are those gift box plants Dave sells worth it, or am I better off waiting for plants to drop and buying mini-games?

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Always buy the three Marigolds and the 7,500 Mystery Sprout - you'll make a profit on them if you grow them to full size then sell them.

Always make sure you do have some empty spaces in your garden so that you can get plants from mini games.

6. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Here's a quick guide on how to get started with the Zen Garden.

If you don't have enough money to buy 3 marigolds, the red present, plus some fertilizer/bug spray, just play adventure or minigames until you save up enough.

Go buy the marigolds and the red present (ignore the bronze/silver/gold ones for now). Water the sprouts with the watering can and then wait until the droplet icon shows up again. Do this a few times until it shows one of the following icons on the plant: fertilizer, bug spray, music box. At this point, the plants will grow a little bit, and you'll have to wait awhile until you can water them again. I'm not sure exactly how long, but it might be an hour+. Repeat this process until they drop diamonds, at which point they are fully matured.

Each day starting at midnight, you can return to Dave's shop and buy more plants. If you don't have enough money, sell some of your matured plants. Right now, the goal is to get a garden full of plants (any type), so only sell as many as you need to. (I would probably recommend starting the next step once you have 1/2-3/4 of your garden filled with plants.)

You may have noticed that watering matured plants causes them to glow and drop money. Get Stinky the Snail from Dave's shop if you don't have him yet, and hopefully you have some chocolate saved up from playing regular modes. Water all of your plants and give them fertilizer/bug spray/music so that they're all glowing. Use a chocolate on Stinky. I think each chocolate should earn you 12k+ in money if you log out of the game. I've heard that you earn more if you leave the game running, but I haven't done extensive testing.

Remember, even as you're farming with chocolates, you can still sell 4 plants each day to buy the new ones from Dave's shop for some extra money (and to get closer to the Zen Garden achievement).

I hope this helps.

7. E0311

E0311 New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    The same thing in here, running iPhone v1.9, adventure mode finished at least 5 times, no plants to buy any more, 750 000 in coins, still can not "achieve" Morticulturalist achievement ??????

8. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #1228 dclose, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Just wanted to update this, in case anyone else is having problems besides me and all my iPod Touch-owing friends. :) I finally heard back from PopCap games, and they took some crash reports from me and my husband, and are now working on a fix. YAY!!!!

And I must say, they were awesome to work with once I actually made contact! I was worried after not hearing back from them the first time, when I sent the bug report through the PvZ iTunes link. I thought perhaps that their being owned now by EA meant my report had to filter through the circular basket of no return. :) But it appears to have eventually made it to its target, and now they have data they can use to fix this problem so I can hopefully soon get back to blissfully playing PvZ on my iPod Touch. :D

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I just tried myself on my iPod Touch 4th Gen, with newest firmware, and it crashed when I tried to resume where I left off. I then closed everything in my multitasking bar and tried launching again and it worked fine. Maybe the cause is related to the memory available.

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #1230 dclose, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Yeah, I'm sure that's part of it, and there certainly seems to be a lot more of that with iOS 5! I get the low memory warnings (with crash) with 65 MB available memory, but my husband gets something that looks different when he has almost 100 MB available. I hope Apple plans to address the memory (leaks? handling? prioritizing?) issues with their next OS update, and I hope that update comes soon. I love lots of stuff about iOS 5, but their handling of device memory seems to suck greatly for some reason.

11. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
  12. tbear

tbear Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Hi! A question about the latest update.
    The description says "Dont want to share data? Disable in Options menu."
    However, I can't seem to find the option there, or anywhere.
    Anyone knows where that option is?
    Thanks!

13. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I never had a chance to respond to this but wanted to make sure that I posted to thank you after earning my first $10k (so far) today with this help. I had built up some plants and was just kind of getting along, selling them to buy the night garden and the aquarium, but never really getting into the realm of making good money from the garden. Well I finally started focusing on quantity and using the snail and it's amazing how much it pays off. The only thing that I think you were off about was that you don't get chocolates until after you actually buy the snail (at least I didn't, and when I bought the snail they started coming fairly often).

Anyway, thanks a ton for writing this all out. I'll finally get to buy some (likely all) of the mini-game packs now with a minor amount of work.

14. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Ahh, you might be correct about that. It's been a long time since I got Stinky, so I don't quite remember the order of events. In that case, it's probably worthwhile to get Stinky ASAP once you have enough money to churn the 4 plants in Dave's Shop. Well, I'm glad the mini-guide was able to help at least one person.

15. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    I noticed that there were new achievements added to Game Center for PvZ. I assume this means there's an update with a new minigame coming out soon. Has anyone heard any news of this?

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yes, there is an update on the way, hopefully very soon. (I've been helping them chase some bugs.) I can't confirm anything more than that though, sorry.

17. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    ZEN GARDEN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

link

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Let me guess. iPhone only :(

19. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Let me guess...you didn't even read the article....

"Once this update goes live tomorrow (4/19), the iOS version of Plants vs. Zombies will finally be comparable to its PC counterpart. Both for the iPhone and the iPad. Rejoice, fellow iOS users! Rejoice and stop all the bellyaching!"

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Omg omg omg omg omg

OOOOOO
    MMMMMM
    GGGGGGG

IT IS FOR THE IPAD!!!! Son of a fart bubble. Update. NOW!!!!