Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I like the upgrade and speed of the game. The graphics are not great, at all, the game is ripe with grammatical errors and its otherwise just an okay TD game. Not bad but not stellar. 3 stars from me...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM

Sorry, but I have send all the codes out.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
They'll block most blatant infringements, but ypu can't expect them to recognise every obscure trademark in existence
Just came here to point out...

Zerg... obscure? Srsly? Like, really?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is really hard to recommend. There are a couple of big issues with the game.

There's no information on the turrets. What differentiates the first three turrets other than the stats? Do they have any other effects like splash damage, dot damage? The fourth turret, emp, it does an aoe stun attack. The fifth one, bullet? launches an attack into the air and hits a few seconds later. It seems pretty useless given it's cost to upgrade and deploy. I can see it being useful in really late game where the enemy's HP has scaled so high that the other turrets won't do any damage. This would probably occur in an endless mode. But for the first 5 campaign maps, there's no time to build up that kind of money.

The other big issue is also still a lack fo information. There's no way to tell which is actually better, to upgrade a turret individually or to build a second turret. There is no stat information while on the play map. The player is left to guess which is the best way to play.

Finally, because of the lack of information for the turrets, the game feels like it's one big grind. To pass the stage, just grind up enough coins (out of combat currency) to perform some permanent upgrades on the turrets. I've stuck to upgrading the SRM as I can't figure out if there's any benefit additional benefits to the first two turrets.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 AM

Will appreciate a code. Will provide a detailed review
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLoaf View Post
Isn't Zerg a registered trademark of Blizzard?
Yeah...to be fair they were called Tyranid when Blizzard ripped off the whole race from Warhammer 40k...who also held a trademark at the time. But, you know, whatever...
Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Terran is "lifted" from Starcraft too...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
They'll block most blatant infringements, but ypu can't expect them to recognise every obscure trademark in existence and decide if it had been infringed or the app creator has permission, if their usage is different enough that there would be no infringement even without permission, if it constitutes fair use, etc.

The app approval process takes long enough as it is - imagine how bad it would be if they had to assess every aspect of an app for possible trademark violations.
You must obviously be working for this developer to post such things. It is clear that you know nothing of copyright laws. Apple is liable for even allowing such things to happen, whether they are paying attention or not. Even if Blizzard had trouble going after a developer because they are in China or another foreign country, they could definitely go after Apple.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:08 AM

Seems to be a lot of misinformation here, and stuff that just doesn't sound right to me. So I did some googling out if curiosity. As far as I can tell Apple are not responsible for protecting trademarks or copyrights, nor are they liable when infringements occur. However if they fail to remove an app reported as an infringement then they may be liable for "secondary infringement". They were criticized in the past for being slow to respond to requests for app removal due to infringement, so late last year they released a new tool to devs designed specifically to streamline the process. Whether it worked or not I don't know.

Last edited by Corvo Attano 77; 05-18-2013 at 03:41 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo Attano 77 View Post
Seems to be a lot of misinformation here, and stuff that just doesn't sound right to me. So I did some googling out if curiosity. As far as I can tell Apple are not responsible for protecting trademarks or copyrights, nor are they liable when infringements occur. However if they fail to remove an app reported as an infringement then they may be liable for "secondary infringement". They were criticized in the past for being slow to respond to requests for app removal due to infringement, so late last year they released a new tool to devs designed specifically to streamline the process. Whether it worked or not I don't know.
To be clear, Apple was recently sued by a cohort of different CHINESE companies for failing to block CHINESE developers from stealing each others' products and trying to sell them on the Apple Store in China. MILLIONS of dollars. I don't know how much they had to pay eventually, but they were being sued en masse by dozens of companies who went for the throat after an tv program went on air about Apple's poor protection of copyright.

They do a poor enough job on their Apple Store in America in English -- now imagine their responsibility to a store with entirely Chinese language products.

And here we have another Chinese developer blatantly (not even renaming, like Blizzard did to Warhammer 40k) a trademarked product, and Apple is sitting on their hands until somebody cares about a stink.

Not that the game actually has the Zerg (I did not buy it, but I don't see any tentacled Cthulhu monsters in the screens); seems the dev just took the name to get attention.