Joystick Mapper - Use Gamepads in any Mac App or Game

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by RodrigoCard, Jun 1, 2012.

1. RodrigoCard

RodrigoCard Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I fixed the save bug that happened with some people when using quotes or double quotes on preset names.

But I will only be able to submit the update after itunes connect reopens.

For now, please just dont use quotes ' or double quotes " in names.

Thanks!

2. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    #22 RodrigoCard, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    I still didnt submit the update. cause I am busy with other projects and investigating additional bugs.

Some people are complaining that the SHIFT key does not work, but looks like this only happens in a few games. Also, I cant find one that it happens to test, can someone tell me one? Or I wouldnt be able to fix this :p

3. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Does it also remap buttons to other buttons? I have a few mac games (e.g. Super Meat Boy) that seem to require a wired XBox pad, I'd rather use a dualshock but the button mappings are unusable as standard.

4. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    No, but you can use it to emulate the keyboard on super meat boy.
    There is a caveat on this game, you cant even use a Xbox controller on it properly. I needed to tweak a config file and use Joystick Mapper to be able to use a Xbox controller with this game. But, for some gamepads you may need only to tweak the config file.

Google for "changing super meat boy gamepad controls", you will find what and how to change the controls.

Cheers!

5. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Thanks, I guess I assumed it worked with the xbox controller, probably because pictures of the buttons appear on screen. I guess it really goes to show just how important the mac port was.

6. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    Yes, that big xbox controller in the start is very misleading.
    And Team Meat said they wont fix this issues on their twitter... the Linux version has big issues too... they dont seem to care, unfortunately.

Anyway,
    If you need some help with Joystick Mapper, feel free to ask :)

Cheers!

7. twist4funapp

twist4funapp Member

Mar 8, 2013
    @RodrigoCard Its really amazing play from the Joystick. Last time I have played these Prince of Persia on to the PC. Its great experience which gives me to play a lot for a more time.

Have you play Prince of Persia Game?

8. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    Gamepads really make a big difference on the experience!

Yes, like Prince of Persia a lot, but played only on consoles :)

9. Blacklight00

Blacklight00 New Member

Jul 5, 2013
    First off I'd like to say thanks for the app. It's great. I just have one problem with it.

When I'm playing diablo 3, I cant move items in my inventory. You have to press and hold the button used for left mouse click and then move the item to where you want. I can press and hold to pick up an item, but it wont let me move the items anywhere while holding the button down. Is it a problem with using two buttons at once or is something else going on?

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

10. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    Not sure what is happening. Never heard of that before.
    which settings do you have enabled?

11. Blacklight00

Blacklight00 New Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I figured it out yesterday. Thanks for the reply though.
    I had the "minecraft window fixed" option turned on for some reason. Once I turned that off everything started working perfectly.
    And again, thanks for the app!

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Will your app let me play Borderlands 2 (Steam version) with an XBox controller?
    I donĀ“t want to uninstall/ install the driver that already works for my other games just to play Borderlands every now and then.

13. RodrigoCard

Jan 10, 2012
    So, I forgot to update the things here.... :p

About the wireless Dual Shock 4 support, it will come in the next update, I already got it working, just need some time to test and fix the bugs in it :)