The Best 3 iOS Games You've Ever Played

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iReal, Jun 7, 2014.

1. iReal

iReal Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    This is the thread where if you had to pick any 3 games that you'd tell the world they are the best games available on iOS, you would come here to claim your favorite games' greatness to all of TA. I haven't played a lot of the recent games, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing out on some iOS gold myself. Either way, this can help any member out when deciding to figure out what games to play. If someone is to say that a game is one of the 3 best games they've ever played, the games have to hold some kind of merit. This is good because this will be a collection of the best of each genre if the thread has success. Enough with the chitchat though, I'm outdated in terms of iOS gaming, so mine are pretty old. That aside, I'm confident they're greater than a lot of the games out now.

My top 3, in no order are:
    Battle for Wesnoth- best strategy game in the app store(unless something has dethroned it), with a ridiculous amount of content that had me dimming the backlight on my old ipod touch to get more time on the battery to devour what the game has to offer. The campaigns have good stories and you become attached to your dear units and you might mourn every casualty you cause in war. Great game, I can't advocate for this enough.
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- This is my first Phoenix Wright game so maybe I'm a lil biased, but just the pure enjoyment I received while playing it places this on the list. I guess it's a point & click game, but it kept me up late at night trying to finish the cases.
    Space Miner- I'm going to put this as the 3rd on my list because it is a truly refined game that I finished and enjoyed every minute of it. It is a shooter RPG and it's a game that when I got to the end I really wished it had never ended(then again I guess that's all good games)

Sorry that 2 of my 3 games are ports, but they were excellent games in their own rights and I never played them before the iOS versions. I'm very interested to hear what some people enjoyed the most, so I can get up to date on some of the better options available in the app store. Wesnoth might be the best game to grace the iphone by the way :D

2. #2 Connector, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Recently

Unpossible
    Botanicula
    Leo's Fortune

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For iOS originals:

Battleheart Legacy
    Infinity Blade 3
    EPOCH.2

For ports:

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
    Hearthstone
    Boson X

Honorable mention:

Polara
    Warhammer Quest
    Slayin
    Bardbarian
    Heroes & Castles
    Temple Run 2
    Adventure Beaks
    Phoenix HD

/trying hard to list more than 3. :D

4. iReal

iReal Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G might be the best news I've heard in forever. I have monster Hunter Tri for the wii and am really waiting for more Monster Hunter... That could be a great game

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

That's hard. Top 3?

Monument Valley would certainly be one of them. Narrowing down the other two might take a while

6. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Device 6

The Walking Dead S1

Oceanhorn

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #7 undeadcow, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    *Kingturn Underworld
    *Fall of Angels (somewhat outdated now, but totally epic in it's time)
    *Knights of the Phantom Castle ("abandoned" since Hudson folded, yet iOS 7 compatible)

Honorable mention: WazHack, Cavern, The Quest Gold

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sorry, but I have to do a top 5:

Heroes & Castles

Meltdown

Dead Space

Super Hexagon

Zombieville USA

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Army of Darkness: Defence
    Super Hexagon
    Vector

10. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Hmm. Top 3 is hard.

Galaxy on fire 2
    Battleheart Legacy
    Monument Valley (too bad it was so short. beat it easily in one sitting :( )

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I can't pick a top 3. Every game I've played so far has offered the same experience. It's really fun for about a week or two. Then that's it.

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Heroes and Castles
    Minigore 2
    XCOM

13. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Scurvy scallywags
    King kashing 2
    Table tennis (the new one)

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    XCom, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Oceanhorn

15. Top 3 recent freemiums

Asphalt 8
    DEXTRIS
    QUADBLAST

16. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hmmm....

Magic the Gathering (2013 or 2014)
    Swordigo

Then I don't know probably one of there following:
    Limbo, Threes, Trainyard, Wimp: Who Stole my Pant (before they ruined it by retroactively making it Freemium), Carcasonne, Planst vs Zombies, Dead Space.

17. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #17 TheMerc, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was, hands down, my favorite experience. Not only was this my first time playing this classic, but it was an excellent conversion to the touch screen (I reached a point where I couldn't imagine how playing that with a keyboard could be any more satisfying or well-suited than a touch screen) that ran absolutely flawlessly on my iPod 5G, which I did not expect at all. Terrific experience.

I also have to mention Telltale's The Walking Dead (what else can be said about it? A wonderfully compelling story that, again, played just as well - if not better - on a touch screen as it would on a console) and Deus Ex: The Fall.

Honorable mentions: XCOM, Gameloft's The Dark Knight Rises (I know it's not that well-regarded in these circles, but so what? I enjoyed it a great deal!) and Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame.

18. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    1.kotor
    2.Dead space
    3.Wayward souls:)

19. Top 3 recent Indies

Biosis
    Suited Up
    Rolling Zimro

20. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member